New Used Deltec Calcium Reactor

Bearjohnson

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
Over the weekend I grabbed this Deltec Calcium Reactor from a friend. I'd like to get some input and ideas of setting this thing up. I've never used one and I'm not even sure what goes where. Currently I have everything bit the CO2 bottle and the media is on its way from BRS.

Any help would be appreciated...

DaveK

Deltec is usually considered an excellent brand. It looks like you'll also need the media for the reactor. If you need the CO2 tank you'll also need a regulator and possibly a solenoid valve so you can control the CO2 going into the reactor

If you need to go out and buy all that stuff, it can be rather expensive, so don't do it unless you need to. If you have a tank with clams or sps corals you may really benefit from a calcium reactor.

Setting up the reactor would seem to be similar to setting up any other calcium reactor. Go slow at first.

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
I've heard of them being used before. Why not just use a small maxjet?

Bearjohnson

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
Although not impossible it would be easier to just put the air line in the sump then trying to wedge another pump no matter how small. LOL

I just don't know if the supply pump needs to have any power to it in order to supply the effluent to the tank or is that the job of the recirculating pump?