New Member here

Kazzy

Hi everyone, my name is Grant, I am 13 years old and I have been in freshwater and saltwater for about 2 and half years now. I like photography and I am saving up for a SLR system camera, but I still got another 150-200 dollars to go. I have 2 dogs, a cat, and more fish and inverts than I bother to count.

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
:hallo:Grant, glad you could join us! Keep saving for that camera so we can see pictures of your tanks and pets. Tell us more about your saltwater tank. How big is it? What kind of fish/coral/inverts do you have in there?

Kazzy

Thanks for the welcomes! Now for my tanks: I have a 46 gallon bowfront reef, a 20 gallon fresh community, 2 10 gallon fresh, 1 with a breeding pair of bettas who have yet to spawn, the other a community. I will make a livestock list later and post it.

Kazzy

DSCN14073.JPG

My mandarinfish.
DSCN23152.JPG

My whole tank about a month ago.
More pics later, I promise.

Kazzy

Sorry about the big pictures, I messed something up. How do you delete a post?
I do have a way of resizing I just messed up with those 2.

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
OK, that's better on the second set of pictures!f You have a mandarin! You are the man! What are you feeding it?

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Sorry about the big pictures, I messed something up. How do you delete a post?

Don't worry about deleting the post, everyone goes through the picture posting blues at first.:D It took me a couple of weeks just to figure out how to post pictures! You are doing it in your first post. You must be a computer whiz!:lol:

Kazzy

I dunno about computer whiz. I'm just on 3 other forums. My mandarin ignores all food, except raw shrimp. During its quarantine, I tried every type of meat we feed and shrimp was the only kind it liked.

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
That's great that you got it to eat frozen food. Most mandarins only eat live copepods. How long has your tank been set up?

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
I'll bet you have a healthy population of pods in that tank to help supplement your mandarin's diet. What is the significance of a cake as your avatar?

Kazzy

DSCN15262.JPG

This is my Ocellaris male. He's mated to a maroon. They've been together for almost the whole time we've had the tank actually.

Kazzy

The cake doesn't really have any significance, I just needed a decent picture for it while I look around for a good avatar.

Kazzy

DSCN15312.JPG

My maroon female. She didn't have any gold when we first got her so I was extremely proud when her stripes started turning gold. She has gold on all 3 stripes now, though only her head stripe is complete gold.

Kazzy

I gotta walk my dog now. He's a boxer and he's almost 3 years old so he's pretty darn big, as you could imagine. I'll be back later to chat later!