HELP! New Max S 400 LED - Broken Screws

Nightryu

Hello, I just received my Max S 400 LED system (SOOOOO Excited!) however when following the Red Sea Videos for assembly of step one, putting the frame together, I had 2 screws break off in the Left frame assembly and the head of the screw fell off. I stopped assembly because I am worried that the frame may not support the tank when fully filled. I could try and remove the broken screws but since the rest are installed properly and they are self tapping I am afraid that removing them will further damage the frame. Any ideas?!?

Thank you in advance!

Pancho75

You could get some additional from store where you bought it or from Red Sea. RS has great customer service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SPR

Hello, I just received my Max S 400 LED system (SOOOOO Excited!) however when following the Red Sea Videos for assembly of step one, putting the frame together, I had 2 screws break off in the Left frame assembly and the head of the screw fell off. I stopped assembly because I am worried that the frame may not support the tank when fully filled. I could try and remove the broken screws but since the rest are installed properly and they are self tapping I am afraid that removing them will further damage the frame. Any ideas?!?

Thank you in advance!
If I were you I would take the piece if frame concerned to pieces, remove the broken screws and reinstall new screws in the correct positions. Or you could maybe use a drill to drill the screws out so to speak.

The amount of weight in the tank when filled with water, rock etc, is considerable and when you have your head under the sump, do you really want to be thinking about those missing screws ?

I know exactly were your coming from as I did the same also with 2 screws and I ended up dismantling part and re doing it, thankfully!

Nobbygas

I must admit I did have one screw where the head sheared off. It would have been really difficult to get it out and I then worked on the presumption that if the tank collapsed due to a single screw then it would collapse anyway!

SPR

I must admit I did have one screw where the head sheared off. It would have been really difficult to get it out and I then worked on the presumption that if the tank collapsed due to a single screw then it would collapse anyway!
Do you have a sand bucket as well? !! lol