Neptune Apex on RSM 250???

Malexiam

Hello everyone!
Question for you all, I know some of you are running the Neptune Apex system on the RSM 250, how are running the cables and has anyone been able to fit the Apex system in place of the original power bar that came with the system?
does it fit in there at all... I am really interested in purchasing the system but concern with how to get in there or around the original stuff
If anyone can share pictures how they did without looking massy please share...

Thank you!

Marcos

jvelkgrove

I love my Apex, This is how I've mounted mine, I ran the cables down the back of the tank (All zip tied) and into the bottom of the cabinet.

blackbeltmom

PREMIUM
My display unit is mounted on the opposite end from the built in power center. Everything else is on the wall behind the tank. The EB8 is below the control module underneath the Vortech power supply. Got to love command strips. I originally had everything on a shelf under my tank. Decided it needed to be where it was easier to get to and where it wouldn't fry if the tank leaks. Also now the ballast for the Radions are on the shelf by themselves. Gave me room to sit them so the fan is blowing out the back of the stand.
I never tried to put the EB8 in the box that holds the power center. I would be appear to put the EB8 in that compartment if it wouldn't fit in the box that holds the power center. I am pretty sure that box is made to protect the power center from water.

Malexiam

Looks great man, like a pro!, question, did you keep the original power supply/cover in place?, I thought about that option but did not think I could fit all the extension cords through the skinny slot in the back...

Thanks again!

Marcos

blackbeltmom

PREMIUM
My isn't as impressive as jvelkgrove, but used my Dremel and enlarged the opening on the back of the cover/door that covers the skimmer/filtration area. I ran my cords straight out that enlarged opening.

Malexiam

its good idea, I am trying to avoid drilling it's a brand new tank...., I thought placing inside the power compartment but need to be careful with possible fire hazzard

Malexiam

Order my Apex today, hoping to install inside power compartment, if all goes well I make sure you all get chance to see what I came up with.. :)

Hope get's here soon, ordered direct from Neptune!!!!

Stay tuned....

blackbeltmom

PREMIUM
Order my Apex today, hoping to install inside power compartment, if all goes well I make sure you all get chance to see what I came up with.. :)

Hope get's here soon, ordered direct from Neptune!!!!

Stay tuned....

Are you going to mount it inside the box that the power center is in or remove that box?

blackbeltmom

PREMIUM
yeah inside the casing, removing the original...but not the cover then run usb down to under cabinet where main unit and extras will be located

I had everything under the cabinet but the display, but found it hard to get to plus I started thinking what if I sprung a leak and water leaked into the cabinet. I moved everything to the wall behind the tank. Like the display where it can be seen, so I can see the temp.

Malexiam

I had everything under the cabinet but the display, but found it hard to get to plus I started thinking what if I sprung a leak and water leaked into the cabinet. I moved everything to the wall behind the tank. Like the display where it can be seen, so I can see the temp.
Well, my idea is to only install the powerbar 8 where the stock one is, I want to be able to use the original splash-cover also, if I can't then I will run the extension down and zip tie kind like the other gentleman "jvelkgrove" did

Malexiam

having a leak under the cabinet is something to be careful with and reconsider i guess...............hummmmmm

andan

hi Malexiam, where to buy neptune apex? amazon?
w.png

Malexiam

Unit it's installed and somewhat programmed, looks great nothing showing !!!!!
tuqamujy.jpg
uqa3ugy4.jpg
8a5usa4e.jpg

Still getting the wires organized!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk