Need help choosing RODI

spiraling

I have decided to get my own rodi unit instead of always going to the LFS for water. I don't need a lot, I have a 34 gal and a 40 gal. If I bother with water cahnges I use about 15 gallons per week, 20 max.

I'm looking on BRS since they are having a sale. I don't see a nice guide to tell me the differences, so if you know of one I would appreciate the link.

What is the difference between 4 stage and 6 stage? is it worth the difference in price?
One has a built in TDS meter - is it worth it?

Thanks for your input!

Benamayer

I would contact your municipal water treatment plant and ask do they use chlorine or chloramines, and go from there, as chloramines use a different filter cartridge.. Can't speak for the difference between 4 and 6 stage from experience, but the more stages the less you'll typically go through filter cartridges. Definitely get an inline meter though...

You say potato, I say french fry.

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
you should be able to get your city water report online.......definitely get the chloramine filter if they do.

spiraling

Looks like I have chlorine in my municipal supply from sodium hypochlorite (which is common bleach)

I will probably just get the 4 stage with inline tds meter. I looked at one with twice the daily volume, and one with 6 filters, but I just don't use that much water at this point.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
one thing to consider is time... the 150 gpd can make 5 gallons in 50-60 mins, I make up 8 five gallon jugs at a time & use them over 3-4 weeks - takes me about 6-7 hours.

a slower one would do the job... but the time it would take is a pain

there more than one way to do it though... if you are using a 40 gallon container, it could run all day & night...

just some thoughts...

Leo

Spectrapure products are second to none. Great quality and build. Water purification is all they do. Mine has lasted a very very long time. And honestly. Their customer service knows exactly what they're talking about as that is all they sell. Great product. And no, I'm not getting paid. BRS is ok, but that's like a taco from McDonald's! LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk