My webpage, Webcam and many photos

luisgo

Recently I decided to enter a photo on the Reef Sanctuary photo contest for November and I won the first place. I included a link to my webpage where I have many photos and a webcam of my 125 gallon reef.

This is the link to my webpage with the webcam.

Luisgo Aquariums

Some users asked for instructions on how to set up a webcam and here they are.

This is a "live streaming" webcam. I am using Windows Media Encoder software with a Logitech Quickcam Pro 9000 with a high quality Carl Zeiss® lens. My DSL service provider is PRTC.net, a local company from Puerto Rico where I live .

The music is in my hard disk and is a selection of "cool jazz" songs mixed with itunes. The encoder software was set to get audio from my computer instead of the camera microphone.

My only cost in this project was the webcam which was purchased at ebay used for $60.

I have to pay for my DSL internet service but my streaming is free because I don't pay extra for that. I understand there is a limitation of five persons connected at the same time viewing my tank.

My camera is connected to my computer via USB. For the webcam to work I need my computer on. It takes processing resources when the camera is steaming and my internet connection is a little slower.

Settings are not in the camera but in the encoder software. You can adjust brightness, color balance, zoom, etc. You can also monitor how many people connect to your webcam with time and date.

Here is a site that explains the process of downloading and installing the Windows Media Encoder.

http://tech.blorge.com/Structure:%2...ive-video-feed/

The other thing is that if you have a non static IP you will need a free service like DynDNS.com to create a domain name and they will change the IP of the domain every time your provider change your IP.

DynDNS.com - Services -- Free Dynamic DNS (DDNS) Service

In my webpage you can see photos and videos of my aquariums.

Enjoy

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Ohhhh... I would really like to set that up on one of my tanks! Thank you for the details.

sambrinar

IMO this is the true sign of an addict if I have ever seen one!!!! Very nice, thanks for sharing

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Addict or not I want to do this! Of course I'd have to keep my GLASS clean all the time though!!

THANK You Luis :)

luisgo

sandyc that is correct. Tank of the month, I still don't believe it. Not sure but lately I consider myself a very lucky person.

sambrinar I think that yes I am an addict, What a nice addiction I have. One of these days somebody will find me swimming with my fish!!