My Trigger is gone :tears:

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
Well it was a cold snowy saturday morning and I look in my tank to see if everything is ok and I don't notice the Trigger coming to the front pane like he usually does looking for a treat but I think nothing of it, a couple of hours later I notice my Haddoni totaly extended and swollen would be the best way to describe it. I get nervous and start lookin all around the tank for all the fish and my Blue throat is nowhere to be found. I take a close look at the Haddoni and notice that it has been swallowed by my Anemone you can see the teeth close to the center of the Anemone :tears: My poor fish is gone I can't believe it he NEVER went to that left side of the tank how in the &*%# could this have happened, there's no fish in my tank that scares him I am so upset :verymad:

139_3965.jpg

141_4111.jpg

141_4113.jpg

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
Re: My Trigger is gone !

Thanx Guys.

I regret that I ever added it to the tank and it's going to be very difficult to remove it. When it was first aclimating to the tank it was moving around and I grabbed it before it stung my corals and it wrapped itself around my hand I almost ripped it apart trying to get it off of me. I don't know what I'm going to do :columbo:

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Yep, my blue haddoni has left blue dots all over my hand before :eek: Keep a night light on so nothing else ventures near it during the dark.

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
I found that fish are smart, they inherently know not to get near my anemone.... as long as they can see it...

Warnberg

Bad anemone.... bad bad anemone..... send it to me I'll punish it for you.... hehehehehe..... sorry bout da trigger.

BoomerD

Carpets are notorious for eating fishes. Sux when it happens to you, I know. Been there. I had one eat a yellow tang a few years back. As beautiful as they are, I won't keep another carpet of any species. Just TOO aggressive for me...

Kensn

So is the cycle of life, it is terrible. I moved a coral to a shady spot in my tank to recover recently and it did. So well that it started extending very long sweepers and stung the heck out of my nice red and green brain. He is half destoyed and believe he isn't gong to make it.He look worse everyday...

Jerome

I haven't put an anenome in my tank and I never will. If I was going to keep an anenome I would only do it in a dedicated anenome tank. Sorry for you lost anemones esp. carpets can be bad news.:cry1:

corvettephreek

i agree with you, jerome. I have my anemone and it seems like the only thing that ever survives in my tank are a skunk shrimp, peppermint shrimp, and 3 clowns. kinda frustrating, i had 2 tangs die and 3 gobies. anemones are bad news for some people, but you can get those fake anemones to rplace them. clowns even think they are real. !!! sorry to hear about your loss, good luck in the future.