my new beginings

mnreefman

well the curing process is underway obviosly, last night i spent 3 hrs scrubbing crap off the rock... alots of nusance alages. i havent found any hitchhikers yet.. a few dead coral skeletons but nothing to great...i really enjoyed finaly getting to inspect every piece.. got some wonderful pieces in there... some nice building blocks...

skimmers output has dramaticly decreased. i now empty the waste colecter once daily. and it seems i need to tweek it every so often as well.

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
I love custom tanks !
The shape is awesome, gunna have plenty of room to aquascape, can't wait to see the progress :turntable

Gina

RS STAFF
We didn't really find much as far as hitchers go either till we finally cured the rock and placed it in the aquarium. It was so much fun to sit there at night and watch everything emerge.

mnreefman

well the tank is in the house, stand is almost fininshed as well as the plumbing... i forgot the camera at home so no pics today... ill have some up by wed for yall.

mnreefman

ask and ye shall recieve
newtank.jpg

newtank2.jpg

overflow.jpg

newtank3.jpg

mnreefman

everything is preety self explaintory.... there are 4 1 1/4" bulkheads and 6 3/4 returns... 2 1 1/4 are in the external overflow running down to a 75 gal rubbermaid tub... they come back via a pcx 40.. the 2 closed loops have a 1 1/4 inch drain each running to a little giant 4mdqx... then returned through 2 of the 3/4 inch bulkheads on each side... many ball valves and what not .... MANY MANY trips to home depot... i think ive gone like 4 times.... always exchangin pvc and gettin more....

mnreefman

Woodstock said:
Now THAT is a nice coffee table!!! :D
hehe i know.... i hate it sitting on the floor, but at work my manager was jus transfered and i was hoping to get the promtion so i spent like 70 hrs at the store this past week, only to be passed over.... but thats okay, i know eventually ill get my own store. i did exactly what i wasnt gunna do... i got my self excited and primed up for a big let down.. so i havent done much... but today im gunna cut the plywood so i can place the tank up on top of the stand and then hoist that tank up there and finish the plumbng! at least i hope to

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Keep working hard Clint; you'll get your promotion!! :D

Actually, an aquarium for a coffee table would be coolio... except everyone would be on their stomachs staring at it! LOL~

mnreefman

thanks doni,.....

sry i been away. ive been o busy that i havent gotten internet at the new house yet, so i cant do updtaes till i get back to the cities.... but i got the tank on the stand, and hopefully later this week i can finih the plumbing....
one thing forgot to think about.... height... 40" stand 25" inch tank.... i may be tall but not that tall. i cant reach the bottom..... so i m thinkin bout adding a step that runs across the bottom of the stand... well see... maybe ill just buy a step stool

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Busy, busy, busy....

I wish my stand was taller. It would make maintenance MUCH easier.

mnreefman

busy busy is right..... everyday i have off from work is consumed by wedding planning.... one of these days ill get around to the plumbing.... hopefully :)

ill post some new pics on sun...

mnreefman

sry for not updating this i almost got the plumbing done.... its been a real slow process.... so much going on in my life im about to have a crisis... lol

anyway... just wanted to pop in and say hi