My ClownFish Finally Made Me A Grandpa ;)

ChitownRomeo

Sitting here eating dinner and happen to look over at my Clown fish aquarium and for the first time, they finally getting it on and laying eggs. Proud of my lil male clown fish, I swear I didn't think he had it in him lol.

http://youtu.be/EmcIEGIYy20

Blndbunny

Congrats! I'm inking that one of my two pairs may be getting ready to do the same. They are a new pair but I've had the female for nearly 4 years. They are hosting the same nem and cleaning the rocks like crazy, and keeping the blenny far away from that area

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Congrats!! Good video & exciting to know that your clowns are now an
:yehoo: OFFICIALLY MATED PAIR!! :yehoo:

pgrtgunner

I've been told that you cannot put pairs of NEMOS in the same tank. Is that T/F?
Are yours in the same tank and are they tank raised or wild caught??

DaveK

I've been told that you cannot put pairs of NEMOS in the same tank. Is that T/F?
Are yours in the same tank and are they tank raised or wild caught??

This is kind of a half truth. In the wild you can have one large female and quite a few smaller males. You can do the same thing in your tank if you purchase 4 or more juvenile fish and let them grow up, so that one becomes the large female. On the other hand, if you went out and bought two pairs of clowns, with each pair being a male and a female, you likely have problems. Only if you had a very large tank and both pairs could establish territory and each pair has something they liked to host in could you expect this to work out.

ChitownRomeo

This is kind of a half truth. In the wild you can have one large female and quite a few smaller males. You can do the same thing in your tank if you purchase 4 or more juvenile fish and let them grow up, so that one becomes the large female. On the other hand, if you went out and bought two pairs of clowns, with each pair being a male and a female, you likely have problems. Only if you had a very large tank and both pairs could establish territory and each pair has something they liked to host in could you expect this to work out.

I agree it's about territory. Have to have a big tank if you want to have pairs. I have 2 pairs in a 55 long with 2 seperate rocks islands and a bubble tip on each island.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
I only have 2 clownfish....1st fish in my tank. They started out the same (small) size and have been very loving to each other (swimming always together) and started spawning maybe 4 months ago. Definitely a good bit of size difference now. Anyway, they defend their territory against the other fish, shrimp & snails and they very seldom leave the immediate area around their little clay pot. I give credit to feeding them LIVE WHITE WORMS for their starting to actually produce egg clutches.
I would never try adding more than one clownfish pair unless I had a much longer tank than my RSM 250 is.
They are for sure a fun pair of fish to watch. L:heart:VE MY CLOWNS ;)

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
[video=youtube;EmcIEGIYy20]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmcIEGIYy20&feature=youtu.be[/video]

congrats ! :dance: pretty clowns !

pgrtgunner

I lost my male Bartlett Anthius yesterday. I posted that they spawned about three weeks ago. They haven't eaten since they spawned.
As I can see the female hasn't eaten either. I hope she comes out soon to eat.

I'm still sad today :waa::dunno:

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
I lost my male Bartlett Anthius yesterday. I posted that they spawned about three weeks ago. They haven't eaten since they spawned.
As I can see the female hasn't eaten either. I hope she comes out soon to eat.

I'm still sad today :waa::dunno:
Sorry for your loss :(
I think Anthius are not an easy fish to keep, one reason that I never got my :heart: heart set on having one.
Hope you are successful at keeping the female alive.

pgrtgunner

The mom is eating today, I'm a happy camper. Now I have to find another Anthius close
to the same size.

I haven't seen any babies as of yet. I have my fingers crossed that at least a few of them survive.

I'm happy as hell for Chitown!!!

ChitownRomeo

They have hatched!!

http://youtu.be/gzTPPceWpfI?list=UUWJ_yd-DZl7Jw9xr6zNNWfA

And 3 days after this video was made....... they laid more eggs and this time ALOT more!!

2w5915d.jpg

2up66ja.jpg

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
That's an amazing video of the "after hatch", Thanks for sharing it!
It doesn't seem to take long after one spawn of eggs are gone before the next ones appear.
I barely got their little clay pot cleaned of algae before more eggs:
(Took these pictures last night)
The little male
cc144774617ae7357d206aad0460a866_zpsce77036e.jpg

The bigger female:
ef6f3208332efbabcdb6dbf9d887fb54_zps6ef743ec.jpg

d2bd1bf206a48f002e8c439a9c191e57_zps96b00232.jpg

Doesn't look like near as many eggs as they usually have but still amazing they spawn so often.
Certainly makes me wonder about the clownfish population in the ocean. :ponder2::rolleyes:

pgrtgunner

My tank raised clowns that I bought a while back finally decided to check out the
BTA that I put in last month. A friend and I were playing Tiger Woods Golf on my WII and he
glanced over at the tank and the nemos were going in and out WOO HOOO!!! About time.:bigbounce