My carpet is better with my clown than without

Basile

Hi, i'd like to talk about my purple carpet anemone (Stichodactyla haddoni), mine doesn't have the spots underneath its foot.

I use to own designer snowflakes clowns that had no interest for my anemone, which was a real disapointment. i like the robe of my fish but somehow my goal of a relationship with both of them was crushed.

After several months, i exchanged my beloved snowflakes for the Amphiprion clarkii, and with in 5 min the clowns just dove into the nem. Since this the nem has transformed . Much more alive i should say, shenwas healthy before , but now that the clown are cleaning her, specially going under her mantle and brushing her mantel and stimulating her, she's just expanding more it seems, have her saddle shape even more, even her color seem more intense.

Anyone have a similar experience.

the pictures are with two different lighting one with and without the actinic.

029.jpg

Taken 5 min after they where introduced, late at night.

030.jpg

031.jpg

001.jpg

Daytime pictures she started to move and became more alive.

002.jpg

003-1.jpg

004-1.jpg

Her color is more pronouced .

032.jpg

This little guy hasn't been evicted yet, they seem to tolerate him

She's on the move she was in the back now she's cruising towards the from and going west, lol

034.jpg

I have to move stuff out of the way now, between her and the pistol shrimp in the tank its worst than having a beaver in there, lol.

033.jpg

Photo701.jpg

tumblr_mxm9fuMOpy1rbkc33o1_500.gif

DaveK

This isn't unusual. If you got clowns that want to host in your anemone, they will take care of it. Sometimes this can go too far and the clowns annoy the anemone.

I've also seen clowns take food and drop it into the anemone, and once, a clown even dragged in another fish.

You just never know quite how this is going top all play out, but your clarkii clows and the anemone should do well.

To anyone else thinking of trying this, consider carefully how large the system Basile is using, and that it's got a large refugium and excellent lighting. Haddoni anemones are not the easiest to maintain.

Choff

I was looking into carpets today and also read the clown can keep other fish in the tank away from the carpet.

...stupid auto correct

Basile

Feeding schedules

I feed my nem every 2 days, a veriety of foods, frozen jumbo shrimp, silver side, calamry rings are the basic i give her , i sometime break off little pieces for the clowns , so they can bring to her, i also have krill that i sprinkle . It takes about 10-15 min no more for the nem from closing on the food to complete reopening. As for draging the other fishes, i don't think i could happen in my tank, most of the other fishes are biggers. maybe the blenny but he's a bad ass very vicious in his hole so i'm not too worried lol as for space well a good 2 feet of space she can take right now , larger i'll have to move certain stuff but not impossible for a 3 feet.

Photo356-2.jpg