My bottom is bare!

EdgeKrusher

I just moved, again, seems like every year I'm moving. This is the last time for a while I swear, cuz taking down and setting up my 15 gal was a PTA(I feel sorry for those of you who have bigger tanks, really I do). Got it all done in one day, and ditched the sand. I'm going bare bottom. Just wanted to say that I joined the club, and so far I couldn't be happier. It's always better when you bare your bottom. ;)

Peace

Bill

fidojoe

Fish Addict
Awesome! Welcome to the club:D My 50 has been BB for a while now, and I'm still lovin it. My 5g was BB, but I took it down and upgraded to a 10g (for more fish/coral space:D) and that is also BB. BTW, where've you been? Haven't seen you post in a while.

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Congrats EdgeKrusher!! Just to be forewarned... you'll have periodic sand withdrawals! LOL... just remember how dirty the old sand was that you removed ;)

EdgeKrusher

Just been out of the loop. I used to post alot at work, but then my work performance bottomed out, and I had to stop. So now I post at home when I get the chance. I miss this place sometimes, and I feel like a stranger now with all the new people here. LOL.
Oh, and I'm building a new stand for the tank it should be done in a couple of weeks.

Woodstock you are so right, I don't know about the sand withdrwals tho, when I was emptying the tank and I got every thing out, the sand was green and so was the water. The corals, and fish are much happier now. I'm going to get some starboard for the bottom, the glass is tempered I know, but I also know about Mr. Murphy, and that's a chance I don't want to take.

Peace

Last edited:

ScottT1980

I will probably be moving in the next month or so, debating whether or not to rip out the plenum and SB...

Good stuff!

Take er easy
Scott T.

regal_wu_tang

We need more bare bottoms ...

I've been tossing around the idea of a hybrid between using DSB, Berlin method, and refugia.

Bare bottom, but create a DSB in a sump or refugium equivalent. I don't know if there is any benefit or not - but thinking about finding out.

EK don't you feel more liberated going bare? :thumbup:

rwt