My 6 gallon Fluval Edge build

aphawkins

Not quite enough posts to put up pics yet...so hopefully soon. But went with a black 6 gallon Edge for my first nano build. No mods at this point...will probably change lighting at some point...just not yet. Running well so far...started with live sand and "ocean" water plus live rock from my 55 gallon.

Thinking of stocking with a couple snails and a damsel...I know I know...just like them...mean little suckers.

So will have pics up soon.

aphawkins

a2urupyr.jpg

Little bit cloudy.

mahynu2e.jpg

24 hours later...

upemeqy5.jpg

And cleared up...yeah I had to put the quartz in there...its from a family trip and that's the only way I could talk the wife into the tank in the living room. :)

meknudson2

Sounds like a really nice set up. I will be looking forward to the progression. Welcome to Reef Sanctuary. :)

meknudson2

Looks really nice.

I had to put the quartz in there...its from a family trip and that's the only way I could talk the wife into the tank in the living room.

I wish I could convince my husband that way lol.

aphawkins

Thanks for the welcomes and the compliments. Oh and tanks in advance for all the answers to question. Glad to be here!

aphawkins

I'm sure this has been covered but wanted to see about what you all have ran into. Got everything set in the tank...seems like it went through a very calm.cycle...but not sure how to tell if that's all...

First reading after set up

PH 7.8-8.0, ammonia 0, Nitrite 0, Nitrate 0, salinity 1.025

2 days after PH same, ammonia .25,. Nitrite 0, Nitrate 0 and salinity same

4 days after PH same, ammonia 0. Nitrite 0, Nitrate 10 salinity the same.

Then last night...everything the same except a slight drop in Nitrate.

I started the tank with Real "ocean" premixed water, live rock from my 55 and Live sand 10lb bag.

So I suppose...I know keep watching...but could that have been all for a cycle?

aphawkins

Thought I better give some updates...just moved a few things around...picked up a few corals...everything water wise is staying very normal...so that's good. Doing 2g per week water changes and just keeping the filters nice and clean as well! Added a pump for flow...way too big but will swap it out for a Koralia at some point...does the job for now! I'll toss a picture up here in a sec.