Morbius18's New 90 Reef

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I don't live even remotely close to Biltmore. They are coming from the surrounding area (We have lots of farms and stuff with GREAT cover). Waynesville is a very small town especially compared to Asheville :)

Morb I'll be sitting in Eastern TN this time Friday afternoon. We're heading into Seveir County for the weekend to just relax with some friends :)

morbius18

Side view of tank to show the slope of the 'reef face'.
side1.jpg

Last edited:

rmlevasseur

I have been teaching my 3year old son the names of the corals so at bedtime we go to say night night to: Acropora, montipora, crabbers, shrimps, xenia. Try to get a young kid say the names of stuff in your tank it is a riot.

I do this too with both my boys. Whever their friends come over and say something "stupid" they get really angry and must inform them of the "proper" name, lol. I pity the fool who says "Nemo" at my house :spinner:

morbius18

Update: I got some bad news about the tank. I was going to get out of the army in about 6 months, but I 'volunteered' to be stop lossed and deployed with the unit where I am at. I cannot get out of the army and try to find a job to support my family, so I decided to stay in a while longer and see how things go with the economy. I got a 4% pay raise at the start of this year, how many other people can say that?

morbius18

Yesterday, I took back all of my LPS to the local fish store. I plan on keeping most of the live rock and just allowing it to dry out and start from scratch next year sometime. I plan on adding a second 250 watt MH light when I get back and maybe another vortech. I think that I will do a PVC frame for the rockwork and have a more 'open' layout instead of a rock wall.

Also the tax free 10K bonus will let my buy a few year old 350Z.

Jeremy0322

Yesterday, I took back all of my LPS to the local fish store. I plan on keeping most of the live rock and just allowing it to dry out and start from scratch next year sometime. I plan on adding a second 250 watt MH light when I get back and maybe another vortech. I think that I will do a PVC frame for the rockwork and have a more 'open' layout instead of a rock wall.

Also the tax free 10K bonus will let my buy a few year old 350Z.

Good choice on the ride, those are nice cars. Are you keeping everything for that tank, or is some of it getting sold?