moonlight

DaveK

I don't have moonlights yet myself. I think the main benifit would be that you can see your tank at night, and see all the nocturnal "critters" out. With a complex timer, they could also be used to simulate moon plase cycles.

I'd like to here more from people tha use moonlights, and what they have found out, and what they use then for.

Gina

RS STAFF
We mostly installed our moonlights so that we could watch what was going on inside the tank when the lights went out and not scare everything into hiding. We used to use a flashlight and some of the critters would scurry away. Now, they go on about their business like we're not even there.

Also, it just looks awesome when they are on. Especially with the water movement.

EdgeKrusher

I had a coralife moonlight, but it fell in the tank about 10 times, then it stopped working. I'm thinking of making my own. Gina, Are yours DIY?

Peace

EK

Gina

RS STAFF
EdgeKrusher said:
I had a coralife moonlight, but it fell in the tank about 10 times, then it stopped working. I'm thinking of making my own. Gina, Are yours DIY?

Peace

EK

Yes, they are. Here is the link where we got the info on how to make them.LED Moonlights

Witfull

cool is the best feature,,,part of the benefit is that when the lights go out,,there is still vague light for the fish to find resting spots. in shallow reefs moonlight will penetrate the water, but on deeper reefs it fades to black.

so you can say its for the fish (excuse to buy it),,,and enjoy it too..

junnie

Thanks for the in put. Also thanks for the warm welcome. I was going to use them with a pulse timer to make them come on slowly over 2 - 4 hr , then start to fade back out. Along with some power heads on a timer to change my water flow. This should simulate high tide and low tide( i think).

does anyone have any clue of what I'm talking about, Or do you have any ideas :rolleyes:

Last edited: