Monique's reefer 525 - the addiction continues

spiraling

Full of water for about a month and cycling. Red sea promptly sent a part, and it all leaked again. Afeter much pulling of hair I realized the part I was screwing in was bad. mis-molded. I fit a new part and it went right in. Since the part I had was all glued in, I took a razor blade and smoothed it out. Now, no leaks.

20170227_193541.jpg

Attachments

• 20170201_211154.jpg
    20170201_211154.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 32

spiraling

Let's take a tour of the sump!
20170227_191536.jpg

BRS dual reactor for carbon and GFO. Currently only running carbon
Vetra M1 return pump
Tunze ATO
manifold with drops for both reactors, and one extra for future expansion
Reef Octopus 200int skimmer
BRS single reactor for bio pellets.
Apex salinity, ph, temp and orp probes
Still need to hook up the aquamedic dosing.

I am using the ato reservoir as the refugium. I plan to add rock and/or pod housing form plastic cardboard and/or chaeto. I want a mandarin, so pod breeding is a priority.

spiraling

Look at you......... ya little over achiever :thumber2:
I have to say this one is a lot of work to set up. The leaks really took a long time to get through. Lots of equipment, and my husband built a really cool light fixture. I'll try to get some photos tonight. Luckily hes into the carpentry part, no so much the fish part, but he does like looking at them.

Just cycling away at this point.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
@Dana Jackson
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members

spiraling

The cycle is done and i have two snails in there. The diatoms were thick and heavy and are now receding. It was interesting on the orp of the apex, I could see when the lights were on and they were producing O2,and then after a few weeks as they died off there stopped being a daily increase in o2.

I'm thinking of adding some corals, but I'm wondering if I'm about to get a cyano bloom....

Dana Jackson

The cycle is done and i have two snails in there. The diatoms were thick and heavy and are now receding. It was interesting on the orp of the apex, I could see when the lights were on and they were producing O2,and then after a few weeks as they died off there stopped being a daily increase in o2.

I'm thinking of adding some corals, but I'm wondering if I'm about to get a cyano bloom....
Pictures, lady!!! Lol. I would hold off on the corals for a little while and see. If you just CAN'T!( I know what that feeling is like.. :) ) Get some cheap zoas. That's what I did... They are hardy and hang in there with you during a tough time... Good luck and Yay!

spiraling

I added a few corals a couple of weeks back. The arcos died -I assume from the dip :(
I'll add more this week.
I just got back from vacation and there is another bacterial bloom. Nothing major, just some cloudy water. It seems to be cycling just like Eric Bornmans article indicated.

Now I want to catch my watchman/goby pair and get them in there!