Melanurus Wrasse Acting Strange

Kongor

I set up a quick 20 gallon hospital tank with heater, powerheads, hob floss filter. He's still fighting but seems to be a losing battle. Still reacts to me and any movement but just lays on the sand.

Whats the best course of treatment for an infection like that?

**edit

reading your link now didnt see if Oxy lol and I decided to add a sandbed in the whole tank, so hes got about 3 inches through the aquarium but doesn't seem like he plans on burrowing

Kongor

Im using Pimafix + Melafix together from API, from what I read from the link Oxy sent thats a pretty good combo and thats what I could find locally, just need to keep water aerated so I added my old whisper 20 air pump.

Fish made it over night so im hoping today or tomorrow with the meds he can show some improvement so i can attempt to feed.

I'd really hate to lose him since he's a beautiful fish, heres a pic of him a couple weeks after i got him:

Kongor

I haven't tried feeding the him yet, he's laying on his back or side and moving his fins around so I don't think he will try to eat.

I'll try tomorrow if he makes it and see if he's interested.

reeferman

if he doesnt eat,siphon food back out.you could use Seachem Stability to help with the water quality

Kongor

He just died :( Wish I got him out earlier I think it was too late for medication to be effective he wasn't even swimming