massive Florida power outage

goldenmean

I am having lunch and CNN is on talking about a massive power outage in Central and Southern Florida. I immediately think of all the Reef tanks :help1: and all the RS reefers that must be sweating bullets waiting for the power to come back on.

Im trying to send power to you all.:eek:verhere:
I hope power is restored soon!!

goldenmean

I heard that a couple of nuclear plants shut down when they lost off-site power.
They dont know why.

lcstorc

It was probably Lynn trying to mess with her chiller, or something electrical! Blacked out half of Florida! :lol: (Joking Lynn, you know I loce you!)

You know Frank keeps telling me I will burn the house down someday. Guess that extra return pump was a bit too much.
It's fine here at work. I certainly hope it is at home as well.

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
I just spoke to my mother who is in Palm Bay, Fla. She has power but says the news is talking like 1million are without power from Daytona all the way to Miami. The cause is unknown but NOT due to any storm. She heard on the news because the way that the electical 'system' is set up, it must have been turned off manually. :eek:

InLimbo87

All good here in Orlando! The power flickered at work today, but as far as I can tell it looks like the power stayed on at home... whew :D

Angel Girl

It's my new lighting. I needed some serious juice to get it running and didn't want to affect SC. :)
They were saying on the radio that its just over 500.000 without power. They had to shut down a power plant.
Woops, I'm still logged in as Lee :)

Last edited: