Making your first post

Status
Not open for further replies.

braden johns

Name: Cara!
Style: comfy jeans, rings! idk lol
Favorite Stores: Aerie clothes, Victoria Secret's PINK, ae, some pacsun, Delias
Least favorite Stores: Abercrombie, Hollister, Wet Seal!!!!
Favorite Colors: blue, gray, dark pink
Ick Colors: yellow, red, orange,light pink
Favorite Outfit: Sweatpants from PINK and some converse or adias, any shirt really
Never Wear: skinny jeans!
THANK YOU!
=]

Hoosier Daddy

Just making my first post since I tried introducing myself but I added a pic so it said the moderators need to approve it. My name is Scott I have been in the reef hobby for over 11 years now. I just got back into the hobby with an all-in-one RSM 130D. Pretty excited to be back.

Magiksurfman

Hello, first post, hope i don't write a book... so here goes. My name is Orlando, been in the hobby for about a year, started with freshwater. 5 Fancy goldfish 1 for each of us (the kids, the wife and me). At the time didn't know anything about fish except how to catch'em, clean'em, cook'em and eat'em. Well one day my fish died, some sort of gill disease, the wife went out to replace him and came back all fired up because the lfs person told her all her fish were going to die, because of overcrowding. So i decided to do some reading (and havnt stopped since-but i didn't jump on a forum until October which would've helped me gain more knowledge than experience but Ive got learning the hard way down) we had those 5 goldfish in a 5 gal tank...oops . so we upgraded tanks to a 36 and downgraded fish to guppies. Well in my reading i kept seeing how much work a saltwater tank was and not for beginners so out of spite i started a 16 gal saltwater nano -this is where i learned the most, i can actually say i read and learned more about keeping fish than i did for all of my college classes this year, i also think this nano is what got me hooked. the wife liked my nano so the guppies and the nano swapped tanks, then somewhere in the middle of the year the reef bug bite me. so i started a third tank in the garage which is when i realized i was crazy and instead upgraded and merged the 36 and the 46 to a 95 gallon in October which now we are working on. The guppy tank just went down and is cycling now (thanks to the latest impulse buy from the wife- which is a big contributor to my gaining of experience) on its way to becoming a seahorse lagoon. This project started mid November when two kelloggi seahorses showed up at my door and have since been living in the fuge of my 95. Any advise and experience is welcome.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

DAVE07

Hey everybody,

My name is Dave and live in Melbourne, Australia. Just thought I'd do a quick introduction about myself. I have always had an aquarium- started off with cold water having a single gold fish and slowly progressed to having a tropical fresh water tank (3 ft) which held live plants & bred guppies.
I sold my aquarium about 3 years ago now as I had a job commitment in Europe. I have just returned to Melbourne and have just moved in to my new pad. I have a pond in my back yard and went to the local aquarium shop to add some more fish and saw a range of marine aquariums with live coral which absoloutely blew me away.
At the risk of sounding geeky- I have not stopped thinking about how beautiful their aquariums looked and have made the decision to now have my own. I have done a bit of reading up on it and red some of the posts on other peoples journey through setting up their own marine aquarium however I am still in the phase of researching what I need- what everything does- etc etc.
I'm pretty much as noobie as it gets Thus far the only decision I have made is the look /style of tank I would like. I am looking at getting the Jebo R3100 tank. Does anyone have any feedback on this? I'd also really appreciate it if anyone could tell me what I need- to start off with including reccomended brands (quality/ effectiveness/ real necessity & price will be my main considerations) etc and pretty much any information available would be great!!

Look forward to hearing from you alll very soon!

Cheers,

Dave

Stevenxx

Hey I just registered like 10 minutes ago, and introduced myself. Ive never been on a forum before. How do you post a question??

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

just click on the +POST NEW THREAD button at the top of the page in the RS sub-forum that best suits

czeslaw93

hi i have just started to start my first marine tank and needed a place to ask questions so that i can do this properly. i will be setting up a FOWLR tank and have made a thread to that effect (cost £$).

Last edited:

pepebarcelona1

Hi there everyone, I'm new to this exciting hobby, I have a 10 gallon Reef, i just started 35 days ago, and have been reading lots of info here, and youtube, trying to learn a bit on this great life style.

Till today i decided to join, so here I am very happy to be here, and hoping to get the best advice on this cool hobby, and things i need to do and not do...LOL. Because I know I might make lots of mistakes, but very confident that your expertise will help me get by.

I have a Visio 10G
10lbs of live rock
20lbs Live sand
OceaStream Kit JBJ Powerheads OS101K
Reef Capable Lighting System MarineLand
Nano Remora Protein Skimmer, Rio 400 Pump,
AquaClear 20
Thermometer
4 Starter fishes Chromis i believe....?
A bunch of Mushrooms
1 Frogspawn
1 Goniopora