Looking for large pump

Spooda420

I am thinking about changing my FW 125 gallon tank to a SW tank. problem is sump is in the basement. I need a LARGE pump. Its 15' vertical and about 25' horizantal of 1" PVC. What pump is strong enough to move 1000g per hour with that head loss? is the iwaki 100 good enough or am I looking in the wrong market more like a swimming pool pump or something of the like?

Anyone your help is greatly appreciated.

Chris

mps9506

Chris,
I would highly recomend upgrading the pipe to something like 1.5inch pvc or larger. I'm thinking more along the lines of Dolphin aquasea 4500, or sequence 4300.
Maybe there are some better suited pumps out there, but that's what I was thinking off for the application...
Mike

Spooda420

Mike I was thinking about that 1.5" PVC or maybe 2". I know you get alot less friction loss with the bigger PVC. I need to make sure that the pump will push that water through like a champ.

Others have the sump in the basement as well, but I dont think alot of people push it through that much PVC.

thanks!

c

mps9506

The RK2 has a 4.6 amp draw at 230V, probably ~1800 gph if not more.
The Dolphin AquaSea4500 you are looking at 5.9amps at 120v, around 1000gph.
A dolphin aquasea 5000HHS will give you probably around 2000gph 6.8 amps at 120v. I think this one can run on 230v also.

I personally don't know anyone using the RK2, but have read good things about em. I know several people using ampmasters and sequence pumps that are extremely happy with them, and if you shop around you can get a good price on them since quite a few folks carry them.

Mike