Looking for a Sea Apple

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Are you preparded for the special needs of this animal and are you willing to accept the risk this species poses for a closed system?

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
You may want to also check your local Wild Life rules and laws. They are VERY illegal here in North Carolina.

ReefLady

Staff member
You may want to also check your local Wild Life rules and laws. They are VERY illegal here in North Carolina.

Really? I never knew they were illegal in some places. Why so?

Ok. Now, what are the special needs that they need. And why are they illegal in NC. I just thought they couldn't be that difficult. If you can raise a Octi than you could probably raise these.

lcstorc

The requirements are completely different.
It is not so much that they are hard to keep, though they are. It is largely the risk of them destroying the entire tank if/when they are stressed or die.
I guess if you wanted to have a species only tank with one, that could be done.

lcstorc

Interresting articles. I now know much more about them than before.
From what I just read an octo tank is likely not a good place for one since octos are so intelligent and strong. I would be afraid of the octo getting the sea apple and moving it around into a power head or such.
Just my thoughts though.
Feeding requirements also seem dramatically different as well.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I have no idea why they are "Restricted" here but that came from the LFS owner who was "Written Up" for having such. I need to re-visit that story and get more details.

:)