Lets see some Tube Anemone !

ds69

The LFS had a great looking tube anemone and I couldn't pass it up. It is doing well so far but I have only had it a few days. Im going to try and feed him tonight. So if you have one lets see it.

alloncamaugust31410.jpg

ds69

I would have to disagree with that actually. Only small fish if they are going to consume one. There is an article that talks about them being labeled as fish eaters and carpets are way worse when it comes to that as well.

Heres the article:

Aquarium Invertebrates

Kevin

ds69

Thanks I decided to try and feed him a little bit ago. He took some mush no problem. He was only $20 which was a good price. I want to get an orange one but Im going to wait several months and see how this one does first.

actually, i've been wanting to have tube anemones for a long time because of their vivid coloration but the part where they sting shrimps and corals still scares me.. ds69, please do keep us posted on this wonderful creature.. nice color btw!!! haven't seen one with this coloration! and was curious, what kind of fish do you have in your tank?

BigJay

I like them too but they have some serious tenticle stretch. Not sure I want to dedicate the room they need in my tank for one but I think they look spectacular.

ds69

Right now I only have a black saddleback clown, Diadema Pseudochromis, and a lawnmower blenny, 2 peppermint shrimp and 1 cleaner shrimp. I used to have a neon dottyback before I got the diadema but it disappeared and so i ended up buying the diadema. The fish disappearance was before I got the tube anemone as well. My tank had a small water quality issue and I lost a starfish and my abalone. The fish either died because of the water or because of my sebae anemone. The one thing I am finding unusual about this tube anemone is that it never seems to hide. I haven't decided if thats a good or bad thing yet. I have read they can adjust to staying in the light in captivity.

Kevin

ds69

hmm no one has tube anemones to share? I noticed today that he has started making a tube. When I first got him he had no tube.

theres another problem on tube anemone which is it does make its own tube and it gets bigger by the day, thus more sand is used by him to make the tube.. its a good idea to put that fella in a PVC pipe to ensure that it does not take so much sand for it to develop into its tube..