Kazzy's 46 bowfront

Kazzy

My bow is already well on its way, considering it's almost 2 years and 3 months old, but I might as well start documenting now! Here's a recent tank shot:
DSCN23152.JPG

My Maroon female and Ocellaris male:
DSCN15262.JPG

DSCN15312.JPG

My Mandarin:
DSCN14073.JPG

My fire shrimp and tiger serpent star who always hang out together:
DSCN15292.JPG

My deceased Sixline Wrasse(this was the only good pic I ever got of him):
DSCN14212.JPG

My baby eibli mimic tang:
DSCN07632.JPG

I will write down all the equipment names and all that boring stuff later and post it here. I will probably have some more pictures later too!

prow

nice, its never to later late to start documenting. but that first shot seems a little blurry, but then again i just got back from diving all day. so what are you tank equipment specs and all that good stuff? sweet pics and the fish. thanks for sharing.

lcstorc

I am seriously impressed.
Tank looks great, but anyone who can keep another clown in the same tank as a maroon successfully is seriously impressive.

Kazzy

Thanks to all of you! Lc, while I am still not sure how it happened exactly, I think the Maroon was a male when we got it and our Ocellaris was just a baby, probably still unsexed, so that's probably how they ended up mated. My fingers are still crossed for eggs, if only to just know I got them to breed.
More pics:
This is my Ocellaris when he was deciding whether or not the green shrooms were good enough to host.
DSCN16392.JPG

One of my green army palythoas:
DSCN15512.JPG

What do you all think about me trying to frag my rics? You guys think I should try it?

Kazzy

OK, time for some boring tank info:
60-70 lbs of live rock.
Equipment:
AquaC Remora 75 gallon skimmer
Coralife PC 96 watt 10,000k white bulb and 96 watt actinic(not much lighting, I know)
3 1200 Maxijet, 1 400 Maxijet
Marineland Penguin 350 gallon filter
and 250 watt heater MAYBE(my dad is not sure)
Dimensions:
36.5" x 16.5" x 21"

Kazzy

Now for a livestock list:
Fish:
1 Green Mandarinfish
1 Eibli Mimic Tang
1 Royal Gramma
1 female Maroon Clownfish
1 male Ocellaris Clownfish
Corals:
1 colony of Green Army Palythoas
1 large colony of Yellow Polyps
1 two headed frogspawn(the branching kind)
Way too much Pulsating Xenia
1 Orange Sponge
1 King Open Brain Coral
A colony of Green mushrooms+1 extra on the other side of the tank
A colony of Green Florida Ricordea+2 stragglers that migrated off the rock
Inverts:
1 Fire Shrimp
1 Tiger Serpent Starfish
2-3 Peppermint Shrimp who ALWAYS hide and don't eat any aiptasia
Way too many tube worms, both white and red
CUC:
5-10 Narssarius Snails
2 Trochus Snails
Around 10 Blue-leg Hermits of various sizes
2 Scarlet Hermits
1 large Jade Hermit
1 very big turbo snail
That is all I can think of right now, and I gotta practice my trombone and piano now so that's it for now!

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Hey little buddy, this stuff is not boring, it's crucial. Some people like the mechanics better than the husbandry!:D I have to admit the fish are prettier than the equipment.:lol:

Kazzy

NEW CORALS!!
My dad was finally in a buying mood when we headed to the LFS and we left 15 minutes after closing(I am good friends with the owner on a local forum) out the back door with a 4 almost 5 headed hammer(normal glowy green and brown coloration) and 3-4 stalks of lavender finger leather coral. We found stable places for them in our rockwork and I took pics of the new arrivals which will hopefully be uploaded tomorrow! The hammer is already perking up and will probably be fully extended before lights out!

Kazzy

New coral pics!
The finger leather when we first put it in:
DSCN29312.JPG

What it is now, though it is hopefully just throwing a hissy fit over being moved:
DSCN29442.JPG

On a happier note, our hammer is thriving happily:
This is it when we first put it in:
DSCN29262.JPG

This is it now:
DSCN29532.JPG

Sorry it's a little blurry, I took it without the flash to capture its coloration.

Kazzy

Did a 10 gallon water change yesterday and didn't have time to post it. My dad and I did it half because we have been rather lenient about water changes for the last month or so and it needed it, and we did it because we thought it might help Mr. Leather Coral.
I also did a water test just a little bit ago.
Results:
PH 8.1
Ammonia 0
Nitrate 5
Nitrite 0
The nitrates are at a pretty good level for our tank, considering we need them for our scattered macro algae.
I was too lazy to check phosphates, but they are probably low because there's no sign of any cyano.
Cheers!:snshne:

Kazzy

1 last thing before I get off:
What do you guys think about me fragging some of my green flor. ricordeas? I think it would be fun to try.
Here they are:
DSCN29062_957702.JPG