Is this Auriga OK or is this a problem?

Pat24601

This Auriga is new and has been in an observation tank for about a month now. I actually thought he was "clean", but all the sudden he has this on his tail. Seems to be acting fine. Eating fine.

Thoughts?

IMG_0377.JPG

IMG_0376.JPG

Last edited:

Uncle99

White spot on his tail, just can't see clear enough.
Is it fluffy, solid, interesting it shows up this late....

Since it just materialized, I would probable do nothing but watch carefully for a few days, sometimes these type of things just fall off, like flukes, If it grows or another comes up then I would be suspecting diease of some type.

The best part is he eats fine, that's of course critical.

Them my thoughts....

DaveK

It is tough to tell. I have seen parasites similar to this before. Sometimes you can catch the fish and carefully scrape it off with a fingernail. Then see what happens from there. As a note, when in doubt, leave it alone.

Pat24601

Thank, @DaveK and @Uncle99!!!

I’m actually looking at the exact same pictures I posted to get a feel for it. Naked eye isn’t any better...at least not for me. This is a small fish. Probably 2 inches to give some perspective. So, it’s very tough to see much.

Just having the two of you say you can’t tell is actually highly useful!!!

Pat24601

FWIW, a few days later the white spot as well as the general cloudiness in the tail were gone entirely. I did treat with PraziPro in kind of a "why not" philosophy, but I really don't think that mattered.

So, either it was a parasite that dropped off (which could be bad) or it was some other issue which cleared up all its own.

It seemed to kind of fade away rather than just disappear one day. So, I'm thinking not a parasite, but who knows.

We will see if anything else happens...

Uncle99

Sounds like he may have been able to solve it himself.
That's a great outcome!
Glad to hear......

I think the use of P-Pro was a good idea!