is it dying?

Akaslu

Hi ,

is it dying :/ it s 4 month old tank, everything else perfect in tank just yhe anemone what i bought 2 weeks ago :( kh 9 dkh ph 8.1 ammo 0 nitrate 2, 5 ppm yes little high, cal 430 mg 1300

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    551.9 KB · Views: 37
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    781 KB · Views: 31
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    714.3 KB · Views: 32

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members

Start a tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along, we love pics :dance:

Hopefully some members can advise on your nem ... many do post they need established tanks, most say 6 months old, some say a year

some great reading here...

http://www.karensroseanemones.net/starvinganemone.htm

Akaslu

welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members

Start a tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along, we love pics :dance:

Hopefully some members can advise on your nem ... many do post they need established tanks, most say 6 months old, some say a year

some great reading here...

http://www.karensroseanemones.net/starvinganemone.htm
Thanks alot ,however i have red all the documents :( yes from 6 months to 1 year is recommended however there are many reefers who start to keep before :/ so it dosnt lose the color ,it is melting, moved under rock doesnt show mounth , water parameters look Ok but i m not experienced at all :(

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Hopefully others can advise... I have always wanted one, but have never tried one, one reason is, unlike corals, they get up & more... deciding where they want to live in the tank.

Here hoping he recovers !

TEA

My BTA has looked like that from time to time. I put mine in the tank when my tank was about 40 days old. Then I read the "not until 6 months to a year" rule of thumb. Mine was doing great for a coupe of weeks then poorly for a couple weeks after that (wouldn't eat and stayed shriveled up for extended periods of time). I found out the water I was using was less than ideal so I switched my source water. Since then my Nem has seemed to fully recover, appears to be thriving, and is eating again. Make sure your water is as pristine as you can get it and that your lights and flow are good. If all of that is OK then you may not have anything to worry about. And yes he still looks like yours from time to time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Surfnut

The most likely culprit is your lighting - Perhaps not quite strong enough. The 2nd most likely culprit would be irritation due to the clowns pestering it. 3rd,.. while unlikely, is the anemone may be in the process of splitting.

20% water change to be safe and see how it responds over the next few days.

Akaslu

Thank you , i have 165 w Chinese leds , i know it may be not the best one however i believe it should be enough for it, i used ro water and still using it when change the water , i have duncan , zoa , mushrooms , frogspawn . Ans some more they all look better thn before .

rvbta was ok until i moved it and anemone to separated place for 3 h to introduce eachother. After that clowns are with them all the time and anemone started to behave strange lose tentacles :( but the weird thing is that only one part of it like this ( it is like burned ) now under the rock i m even not really able to feed :/

DaveK

Your anemone doesn't look good at all. This is more than it just retracting. It is likely that you damaged it when you moved it. It's very easy to do. It is also possible that the anemone was damaged when you purchased it.

You can try a partial water change. That may help. Keep a close eye on it. A dead anemone can foul a whole tank quickly. If in doubt, give it the smell test. If it smells really foul and bad, discard it. I would hold out much hope, but sometimes they do make remarkable recoveries.

Anemones require just about perfect water conditions, and excellent lighting. A 4 month old tank is seldom mature enough for one. I can see by looking at your picts that your tank isn't ready for one yet. Note the green algae on one rock, and how many of the other rocks still look bare. In a mature tank they would be covered with coraline algae or other life.

It is also likely that your lighting is not nearly good enough for an anemone, but that's a bit hard to determine since we don't have the full details about your tank and the lighting being used.

Akaslu

High possibly i damaged :/ however it doesnt smell at all , does it mean still alive and hope ?

Akaslu

Ps : i didnt have green algea problem :/ just increased lighting level for white 10+ 10 %last week for anemone ( but the issue is not light related ) i have Already coraline growing on the other side of the tank :/ and partially on more stabil rock but mainly as a small branch :) ( i was told it s also coralline ) i ll post everything on weekend ,