Innovative Marine SR-120 NUVO with white high gloss stand

Ken Ken

With lots of planning and concerns whether the innovative marine sr120 will fit into my second floor bedroom....the wait is finally over. I must say the tank and stand is well built and is by far the best looking tank and stand setup i have seen thus far. One issue i came across were the door latches. As pricey the tank is one would think you would get working latches that keep the doors shut. 3 of 4 latches are no functional. Aside from that everything is A ok.

Here's a pic of everything the day it arrived. Everything was stored in my garage until the movers helped move everything to my second floor bedroom. Took 2 ex football players to get everything up a tight staircase.

Heres a shot of the latch.

Heres a few shots of my equipment. JBJ ATO will also be installed which is not pictured.

Heres a shot of the reactor installed. Hidden and very clean install.

Shot of the protein skimmer installed.

Reefbreeders LED lights custom installed on RMS tank mounts

Currently trying to figure out a way to mount all the electronics ( Dosing pump, reefkeepers lite, ATO...etc...
Will post pics once its all completed.

Ken Ken

Here are a few updates.

Electronics are in place. I need to setup the reefkeeper lite and calibrate the PH monitor.

RO 6 stage filter setup under my bathroom sink

Fill tank with sand. But forgot to do one thing...rookie mistake.....

I forgot to rinse the sand before putting it into the tank. Now i have a cloud storm i...wonder how long this will take to clear up. Ohh also thats 90 pounds of live rock. I just placed the rocks in the tank without organizing it.

OneFishTwoFish

PREMIUM
Nice job Ken ! I'm considering an Innovative Marine tank for my second build -- of course, one tank is not enough.

Just a suggestion . . . You might want to dig the sand out from under your rocks so the rocks are in direct contact with the bottom of the tank. This was suggested to me during my build. I'm so glad that I followed that advice. My Diamond Watchman Goby moves so much sand, and loves to tunnel under/around the rocks. If my rocks were on the sand, the rock-scape would have collapsed.

Ken Ken

Nice job Ken ! I'm considering an Innovative Marine tank for my second build -- of course, one tank is not enough.

Just a suggestion . . . You might want to dig the sand out from under your rocks so the rocks are in direct contact with the bottom of the tank. This was suggested to me during my build. I'm so glad that I followed that advice. My Diamond Watchman Goby moves so much sand, and loves to tunnel under/around the rocks. If my rocks were on the sand, the rock-scape would have collapsed.

yep i made sure to do that...i have experienced that several times with my previous 29g nano. Wake up the next morning like someone robbed the tank haha.

Ken Ken

waiting on the tank to cycle....back in the days i would use a damsel to cycle but realize it has some down sides to it. That stripped damsel pictured on my avatar was the culprit <-------- the tank would cycle within 5 to 6 days. The crappy thing is the damsel made himself at home and did not want anything else in there with him. Also i would hate to put any fish through the stress. Its been 4 days now since i filled up the tank. Ammonia , nitrates, and nitrites are still normal with no change. Peeing in the tank crossed my mind haha but that would look really bad if someone walked in on that. Any suggestions to speed up the process?

pgrtgunner

Man!! I paid $4K for my 80 gal Nuvo and I didn't get all of those extras. I had allot
of problems with the store that sold it to me. They took the reflectors off of my two
light fixtures (got them back) I wonder what else they took? Guess I'd better called IM.
By the way, that's a beautiful setup.

newo11

Tank cleared up....organized the rocks alittle. Not sure if i will keep it this way. Looks ok for now?

I really like this rock work. Gives you a lot of options on corals. I've come to really appreciate the rock work that has a lot of space in it

Ken Ken

I ended up removing all the sand from the tank :/ I failed to rinse it before putting it in. Every time i moved the rocks or disturb the sand bed the tank would go cloudy for about 5 hours. I had to re-arrange the rock work while doing it. Not a major difference but i i like the arrangement a lot better now.

Ken Ken

add 2 or 3 raw deli shrimp & let them rot...

Best post I have ever read on Cycling ... I have read this post many times

http://reefsanctuary.com/forum/inde...on-cycling-breaking-in-a-new-reef-tank.26180/

and another good read...
http://reefsanctuary.com/forum/index.php?threads/the-mature-aquarium.29836/
i didn't have any shrimp laying around however i put about half a teaspoon of fish pellets in the tank. Hopefully that would be enough to get the cycle started.

Tim Federwitz

i didn't have any shrimp laying around however i put about half a teaspoon of fish pellets in the tank. Hopefully that would be enough to get the cycle started.

It's been over a year now... do you still like the tank? Any regrets?

I am seriously considering this tank, but the All-In-One nature of it turns me off a bit since the sump is limited on space and you therefore do not have many choices for gear like skimmer, reactors, refugium, etc. I have this problem with my existing BioCube 29g and don't want to have the same issue on a much larger tank.

Any thoughts you can share?

I absolutely LOVE the look of this tank, but considering getting one custom built with these dimensions and using a traditional sump for larger gear choices.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
@Tim Federwitz

welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members :nessie:

Start a tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along, we love pics