Infinite RO/DI water

Basile

Ok i have a Vertex; Puratek RO system that i haven't change RO filters in 2 years of continuous use. And the particule reader indicates 00PP still.

I haven't change the membrane either , just the carbon and pre-filter once in 4 years.

So do you think my meter is faulty. Or my water is of good quality to begin with.

mr_tap_water

If I was you you take a sample into your local fish shop to double check it first before spending out on filters you may not need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaveK

By all means double check the output. The RO membrane filter can last a long time often for years, but you should remove it and inspect it once and awhile. Look for physical damage and for calcium or lime deposits on it.

I do find it hard to believe that your getting 0 ppm out of only an RO filter. My tap water is good, only about 140 ppm going in and even so, out of the RO unit it's still about 1 - 2ppm. The DI part of the systems takes it down to 0, and I do have to replace that from time to time.

You can do a quick test of your meter by testing your tap water. It should at least read something.

Basile

By all means double check the output. The RO membrane filter can last a long time often for years, but you should remove it and inspect it once and awhile. Look for physical damage and for calcium or lime deposits on it.

I do find it hard to believe that your getting 0 ppm out of only an RO filter. My tap water is good, only about 140 ppm going in and even so, out of the RO unit it's still about 1 - 2ppm. The DI part of the systems takes it down to 0, and I do have to replace that from time to time.

You can do a quick test of your meter by testing your tap water. It should at least read something.

Sorry RO/DI and as of now still 00PP

DaveK

I would find it nothing short of incredible if the DI filter media lasted for 2 years. I get about 4 months out of mine when using the unit on an as needed basis.

You want to really check out your TDS meter. I think it's stopped working.