Im new and btw u all are my heros

I just became a member although I,use this sight,for,all my saltwater questiinIMAG0611.jpgs so I,figured,i,might as well become a member im new to saltwater have been doing freshwater since I,was sixteen now I set up my fowlr tank,a little more then a half a year ago (now 23) and saltwater is amazing. I will be going to by my first few pieces of coral tomorrow and im very wxciting this is all so amzingly,fascinating and ill go,ahead and thank everyone in this sight in advanced for all the,help ill be recieving lol

ost911

welcome! ive got to say ive never seen patio brick used as base rock.

hit us with some tank specs

Tank is a 65 gallon tall im currently running two hob aquaclear 175 filters sea clone 150 skimmer and one maxi,jet power head I have about 80 lbs of live rock and my brick base around 30lbs... I,used the,brick because its so much,cheaper and I did it in,hopes that,it,would become live with,the,bacteria as to convert base to live rock,i,read it,must,be,porous,or,however u,spell it and brick and concrete is very and its way,cheaper then base rock im on a very,tight budget and I was hoping it didnt show that much lol apparently it does

Also I have two electric blue damsels one candy anemone two black and white striped damsels..... They were my starter,fish and now a marron clown im also,going to,get my first coral frags tomorrow and so excited

Coral life ho t5 with one acetonic and one 10000k day light and.one standard fixture.(came with tank) with 5000k day light.and 6 moon light.led night.lights (paid 20$ for t5 fixture and.bulbs)

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Choff

Welcome Drift!

Did you soak the bricks & pavers at all before you used them or were they in one of you FW tanks for a long time? Also interested in the lights you are using. You are keeping a nem alive, so they must not be causing too much of a problem. How long have you had him?

Looking forward to seeing picts of the frags.

Yes all bricks were used inmy former piranha tank for around four years and I gave them saltwater bath in a bin with powerheads for three days.my lighting I mentioned above what it was ive been using them around four months only problem I had is I upgraded the fan in lights but guy I bought them from had the on his tank for roughly 4 years what questions did u have about them and my anemone have always.been.living.healthy but sadly one went into filter last night :(

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Welcome buddy. Careful with those bricks. Algae is comin.

.............stay thirsty my friend.

Yes all bricks were used inmy former piranha tank for around four years and I gave them saltwater bath in a bin with powerheads for three days.my lighting I mentioned above what it was ive been using them around four months only problem I had is I upgraded the fan in lights but guy I bought them from had the on his tank for roughly 4 years what questions did u have about them and my anemone have always.been.living.healthy but sadly one went into filter last night :(
i have the same lighting system with 3 bTA's and there doing amazing lol