I'm back. Sort of...

BEELZEBOB

Hello Reef Sanctuary.

After almost a decade, I am about to embark into this hobby again. I used to have a 15g mantis tank. A poor execution of a move cost me everything.

After that, I got into RC competed for 2 years, discovered guns and built some, and now I cultivate vivariums and have 5 species of breeding poison dart frogs.

Oh and I picked up flyfishing, this pug thing and I am getting married. (For the few that will remember me and such)

Anyhoo. I'm in the preliminary stages of a 5g sps nano reef. I just picked up a 5g evo for literally no reason. So now I am looking at a blank canvas and gears are turning again for the first time in 8 years.

Cheers. I'll be a creepy lurker for a while researching and researching until I have pics.

What do you guys thing about a 5 gallon display with a 20g sump/fuge combo?

Attachments

• IMG_20170125_094615_293.jpg
    IMG_20170125_094615_293.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 12

DreamerDash

Welcome back! I'm excited about your sps pico; those are challenging but fun. I've been doing those for years. In my experience, the refugium is key. I would say make all 20 gallons the refugium. You don't need the sump then.

Btw, how hard would you say poison dart frogs are in comparison to reefs? I've been thinking about getting into them...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Witfull

im older too, but i lost a lot of weight. and not by choice. life isnt fair to put it mildly.

BEELZEBOB

Welcome back! I'm excited about your sps pico; those are challenging but fun. I've been doing those for years. In my experience, the refugium is key. I would say make all 20 gallons the refugium. You don't need the sump then.

Btw, how hard would you say poison dart frogs are in comparison to reefs? I've been thinking about getting into them...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fuge noted!

Darts are another caretaker's hobby. I do however think a vivarium system is substantially easier to set up and maintain. If you set up a healthy viv, darts are just a beautiful addition.