ID please (kinda scared)

saltfan

The last couple days I have noticed these things appearing all over the glass and sand bed. They are tiny soft to the touch and dont appear to move, have never seen this before. Should I be worried?

DSCF5851_zps352ca117.jpg

DSCF5852_zps6667462e.jpg

DSCF5851_zps352ca117.jpg

saltfan

I think your right Glenn they look just like that. Just what I need.... Dont know were they came from havent added any thing to the tank in months...

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Yikes, that is some population! If you have that many showing, there are probably a ton more. Do you have any wrasses in your tank? Coris, mystery or a sixline?

I would use FWE to beat up the population and try to get a wrasse in there to manage. Read up on them, they can release a toxin so be ready to do a good water change 45 min after you dose. When I did it, I double the recommended dose. But please read up, there have been some unlucky reefers out there in regards to FWE so know what you're getting into.

GL

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Looks like you'll need to try for a lot of manual removal BEFORE adding the FWE.
I'm thinking it won't be an easy job :( hang in there, folding is not an option ;)
Thought are with your success on this, keep us posted!

Kremlin

Yikes, that is some population! If you have that many showing, there are probably a ton more. Do you have any wrasses in your tank? Coris, mystery or a sixline?

I would use FWE to beat up the population and try to get a wrasse in there to manage. Read up on them, they can release a toxin so be ready to do a good water change 45 min after you dose. When I did it, I double the recommended dose. But please read up, there have been some unlucky reefers out there in regards to FWE so know what you're getting into.

GL

I am one of the unlucky ones :( I lost some corals from flatworm toxin after using flatworm exit

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
did manual removal yesterday (man theres alot ) FWE on the way... This really sucks

If it wasn't a real hard chore with the manual removal,
maybe you could do more of it :fishy:
The more of them you can take out before FWE use, the lesser chance of the die off being too toxic.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you :fingerx::fingerx::fingerx:

I figure the way my luck runs, I'll be doing this some day too.
I'm just trying to weed through all the different kinds of scary algae types right now....worms could be next :(

saltfan

Another WC tonight. FWE wont be here till fri. and LFS has no wrasses of any kind. so will continue manual removal with daily WC until Fri. when the FWE arrives and make the decision weather or not to use it @#$%...