id needed! is it harmful?

little white dots with very tiny clear legs all around it. started as eggs and there every where!

Img_130711114036_zpsb6bbb6f3.jpg

ohiojeff

not sure what they are. I can say my tank has those as well. I keep them cleaned off the three sides I look through, and let the rest go. my tank is healthy, so whatever they are they aren't hurting anyone. at that point, I am not sure an exact name is all that important. hopefully someone out there knows and can give us both a name to put on them.

kyle4201

yea,, ok,,, so now I came home from being gone 4 1 day and 1 night,,, there must have been 50,000 of the little sand grain sized ones all over my glass. This cant be good . they r so small I almost didnt notice them, but when I idi,, holly cow, soooo many!!!
20130720_223319_zps3b896fdd.jpg

ddelozier

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
+1 Hydroids. thats the larval stage. They'll eventually fall of the glass and make little tubes on rocks, sometimes in bunches(colonial hydroids). They can sting corals/fish, but usally they will go away on their own. They are very common in new aquariums, and may reappear periodically over time only to fade on their own. Dont panic, its nothing earth shattering.

jerry26

yea,, ok,,, so now I came home from being gone 4 1 day and 1 night,,, there must have been 50,000 of the little sand grain sized ones all over my glass. This cant be good . they r so small I almost didnt notice them, but when I idi,, holly cow, soooo many!!!
20130720_223319_zps3b896fdd.jpg

since you recently added pods youre probably seeing both.

Oxylebius

+1 Hydroids. thats the larval stage. They'll eventually fall of the glass and make little tubes on rocks, sometimes in bunches(colonial hydroids). They can sting corals/fish, but usally they will go away on their own. They are very common in new aquariums, and may reappear periodically over time only to fade on their own. Dont panic, its nothing earth shattering.

Or they can turn into jellyfish

Oxylebius

to quote ddelozier, not earth shattering to have jellies either. You probably won't even notice unless you are looking. They are really tiny and don't live long.