I hate this hobby

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Learn the ins and outs, learn from your mistakes, learn all the maintenance tasks and level of effort required on the smaller tank for a year or so. Then if you want to go bigger and you'll know what you are getting into. I would hate for someone to jump in with a 120 and realize a year later how much effort was involved and then decide to sell (of course if I lived in their area that might be a good thing! :)

Wolffman64

I have been married for 40 years and my wife knows that even as much as I love her, I would trade her for a smaller wife and a larger tank.
(OK, no I wouldn't, She is the perfect size now)

You always crack me up!!:laughroll:laughroll:laughroll

AJK

I have a 20 gal, then onto 55 gal and now 120 gal, someday I'll have a 1000 gal if I keep going at this rate, Lol !!! Starting off small, taught me to be patient, water changes, maintain water quality, notice minor changes, etc...... Learned what to purchase, what not to purchase, also increased my confidence in maintaining larger tanks. Happy reefing :)

Frankie

RS STAFF
I always hated the electric bills but not the hobby!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Snid

Years ago... Many... Many... Many years ago I had a 30 gallon tank. Times were different then. No Internet help. No Skimmers. No Refugiums. Canister Filters were the thing. Hardy Damsels were used to cycle tanks. Those were the dark times...

When I came back, because of the dark times, I knew I would go for less than a 55 gallon, so that is where I have started. Who knows what the future will bring, but I don't hate this hobby at all... Not like I did during the dark times, when your LFS was your best source of information. Those were hateful times.

Frankie

RS STAFF
I feel you Snid, I know a lot of people were misdirected back in "the old days"
Fortunately for me the lfs guy really knew what he was doing and helped me a lot !
Kudos to Tropical Showcase, Gene was my mentor and I always go back to basics when in doubt.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk