I don't know what I did right.

bigbratt

The Hubby asked what I wanted for Christmas this year....unlike previous years I had an answer for him. " I want a bigger tank " was my answer. I was thinking that if I got the tank for Christmas we could take things slow...build a stand...build a sump...save up for MH lights and maybe by next Christmas everything would be up and running and I could tranfer what I have now and that would give me a good start on the bigger tank.
I have a 33g with about 60lbs LR, 40lbs LS, a HOB prism skimmer, a fluval 204 filter for flow and 3 ph's that has been up and running now for 6 months and I found that I just couldn't do as much as I wanted with it. Wasn't enough room to get it the way I wanted.
So now that I have put the little bug in his ear, he's off and running....he picks out a tank, then takes me to see if I like it. 90g drilled and plumbed tank, it will fit perfect in the spot it has to go into...so he ordered it....then he finds out that the lfs that he got the tank is selling her 2 x 250w MH that she has only had on her window display tank for 3 weeks for a really good price, so he takes that as well. So while he's waiting for the tank to come in he decides that he will start on the stand, spends the whole weekend on it, and gets the call on the Sunday at 3:00pm that the tank has come in. So off we go to pick it up...stand it ready except for holes for plumbing.

fish014.jpg

fish013.jpg

So now he has to figure out a sump with fuge and everything that will fit into the stand and still leave me with enough room to work.

New90027.jpg

I'm thinking...I just asked for the tank....how much is this costing right before Christmas....
Well I guess he decided that he wanted me to have my new tank up and running by Christmas and so he completed it by the 12th of December, ready for water and some new live sand as the 33g didn't have enough sand to fill the 90g.
Tank is on stand and in place, with water and sand in it on the 15th, just in time for us to go to my staff party, go to party, get home about 1:00am, he sits looking at the tank with water and sand in it...looks at me and says ok lets transfer everything over. Ok I'm game, had a few drinks at the party...I'm not really tired, I asked him if it's called impaired aquadics? So at 4am we are done.

newtank011.jpg

I really don't know what I did right to get all this....

Christmas morning there is an envelope in a box wrapped under the tree with all the receipts...and another envelope that just has $ written on the outside...he couldn't wrap live rock or corals and put under the tree he said.

Off to all the lfs boxing day...:snshne:

Last edited by a moderator:

ReefGuy69

Well congrats.. Its a very nice set up. he did a nice job on the stand. He needs a pat on the back for that. Cant wait to see it grow...grow...grow!

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Great story Brat! Excellent job on the stand! You are going to love the 90, so many possibilities. You must have been very, very good this year. Merry Christmas!

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
Congrats Bratt! knowing what a diligent worker you are Im sure your new reef is going to be a show stopper. Oh and a big Welcome to RS! Steve

althea2you

wow!!! beautiful!!! congrats on the new tank! what a wonderful hubby you have! :D

my hubby got me a 90 for x-mas too! LOL... woohoo!!! we have awesome people in our lives dont we?!!!

bigbratt

We certainly do. I think he had fun putting it together and is enjoying it as much as me.
Caught him sitting on a foot stool right in front of it when I came back from the store tonight.
More pic's to come of what I got on
Boxing Day.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Hey Bratt and way to go. SCORE! Tank looks GREAT!

Let's do some fundamental things here. Have this tank "cycled"? I mean what are your current water tests looking like? Yeah I see it's using established Live Sand and some established Live Rock but your tank will tank some time to build and stabilize it's bio-filtration to the 90g volume. Also you've already added a LOT of "Critters" that are more well suited for later on down the road. Let's step back just a bit and let the tank settle in. Tomorrow will be the 2 week mark and that's just a LOT of things (anemones and clam for sure) to have in a tank so new.

Tell hubby GREAT job on picking, buying and building everything. He's making MANY of the rest of us look VERY bad right now :)

Emg

Gee.......I got a pair of jammies for Christmas..... :whstlr:

smirk.gif

Lol....congrats Bratt !! Guess your hubby's been bitten by the bug as well ! Better watch that bank account.... :)

bigbratt

Water tests are all bang on..
All tank tenants are eating well.
Not planning on adding anything for quite a while....I think he's spent enough money for awhile...just going to settle in my chair and watch things develope.