I couldnt resist.....the addiction took over

jeffreyKTM

well I stopped by my LFS just to get feeder snails for my mantis and ended up coming home with a very nice, healthy, eating well Eidli Angel.....it was there for quite a while and he gave it to me for $30 (it was tagged $50) I am acclimating him now pics to follow.....BTW has anyone tried one of these in a reef system without picking at corals or do they usually pick.....

jeffreyKTM

well in retrospect it was probably not a great idea to buy the fish it is well and happy but not for long.....my crosshatch wants to eat it for lunch.....the angel is hiding very well but it may just be a matter of time.....the trigger almost got him but he went in a small cave ......the trigger IS faster....:dunno: well at least he wont pick corals.....the trigger wont let him.....

Last edited:

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
That's surprising as the Crosshatch is the one Trigger that's the least aggressive. Generally they leave their tank mates alone and live peacefully in a community environment. All but the smallest, bite sized, of fish are safe in their presence. How big is the Trigger?

Perhaps, it's just because the Angel is new. Try heavily feeding the Trigger and turn the lights off. If by tomorrow the angel is not out, consider moving some of the aquascape around to disrupt the Triggers territory.

Did you introduce the new fish with the lights off? Did you feed the Trigger before introducing the Angel?

jeffreyKTM

the trigger is about 8" and the angel is 3".....I did heavily feed the trigger before letin the angel loose but the angel went right for the triggers lair....the trigger is suprisingly happy in the too small 94 but I had to do alot of aquascaping to make caves big enough for him to swim right through....it did compromise some coral placement but was worth it till I get my 300 in a month or so......the angel found a couple of caves that interconnect and is staying out of the triggers sight......i did not turn the lights off......but it doesnt seem like the angel is at all concerned......he is swimming freely through the smaller nooks and crannies....

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
I think the aggression will settle down.

My Peppermint Hogfish did this to a new Cleaner wrasse that I added that was 3-4 times smaller than the hogfish. He didn't nip at the cleaner, just badgered it for a couple of hours. Now they are the best of friends.

jjohnson3

The reason you turn your light off is so that the new fish can get acclimated to the new system(like your water and help reduce stress). When you turn your lights back on the fish should not be too agressive towards each other if they are compatable. There is a good amount of size difference there. Just watch them and if agression gets too high you may have to chose one or the other.

jeffreyKTM

its all good the angel is just fine and the trigger stopped trying to eat him ill post a pic when I get a good shot.....he moves too fast for the camera....