Hi, my name is Ron and I am a Reef-a-holic

KDC

Hello everyone, my name is Kayce and I'm a reef-a-holic.
You guys and gals are awesome! It's nice to know that I am not alone in my addiction. Now I can honestly tell my husband that I am getting help... we just won't specify what kind. LOL
It is probably a good thing that we are military and that I have to be able to move my tanks or my house would be overrun with them. :-D

Rhodes19

Hello everyone, my name is Kayce and I'm a reef-a-holic.
You guys and gals are awesome! It's nice to know that I am not alone in my addiction. Now I can honestly tell my husband that I am getting help... we just won't specify what kind. LOL
It is probably a good thing that we are military and that I have to be able to move my tanks or my house would be overrun with them. :-D

Hi Kayce and :welcomera to RS. This is a great place to be. And thank you for your and your husband's service to our country. I know what its like to move, 10 years active, 14 reserves (5 moves) and I had to keep the tanks simple. And when you tell your husband that you are getting help, don't mention that we are helping you spend your money. LOL :D

Rhodes19

Well, I may becoming home with either some more coral or a fish. My daughter and son in law want to talk me to a lfs for my birthday/Christmas present. I love my family and my enablers. :D

Rhodes19

It's so hard this time of year and I couldn't control myself so I feel off the wagon. :(

LOL!! :D

Here are my new friends. :)

Noel, the Christmas wrasse
christmaswrasse1.jpg

Season's Greetings monti
seasonsgreetingsmonti.jpg

Pink poci (under 20k MH. It looked pinker under the T5s)
pinkpoci.jpg

Golden eye chalice (not a good picture)
goldeneyechalice.jpg

Cali tort (looked more purple under T5s)
calitort.jpg

I happened to spy some mummy eye and red eye chalices I might have to go back for. When is Valentine's Day??? :D

cbrownfish

Nice stuff Rhodes!

Kayce, welcome to the addiction. Assure your man that we are your support network! He can TRUST us! LOL! :D

KDC

He'll just be thrilled that I have someone else to talk to so he gets out of it. LOL He tries (well, most of the time!) but he starts getting this glazed look in his eyes whenever I start talking to him about my tanks. I had to literally sit on my hands the last week or so. One of the places I order from online had some awesome looking LPS that I REALLY REALLY wanted, but I just couldn't justify spending that much money to chance them on a move to OKC. Oh well, maybe I'll luck into something once I get there and decide just which tanks I am going to set up and how. Can I post here, or should I start a thread asking your opinions on my ideas for setting things up? I posted about my starfish's legs, but I only received one response. Oh wow! I just remembered that P. is having their dollar a gallon sale! Am I allowed to use store names in my posts?

Rhodes19

Hi Kayce,

Don't worry, we'll listen to you. :) We all run into that. I feel bad for my wife because of all the hobbies I've gotten into. I get talking about them and her eyes glaze over, she then pats me on the head and walks away. LOL I'd start a build thread to keep track of the things you do and if you have any specific questions, ask them under the appropriate form. You will get better responses that way. And yes, you can use store names. :) You'll see some common ones mentioned all the time. HTH

KDC

Thanks Rhodes19! I had the store names in there and then I couldn't remember if using them was against the rules on the forum. Better safe than sorry, especially since I'm still a tunicate! ;-D
Any suggestions on which forum I would get the most help from with moving questions? I actually have an idea, but my husband obviously can't help since he doesn't understand all the ins and outs and problems that come with moving fish, especially long distance.

KDC

By the way Rhodes19, I LOVE your Christmas presents! I had to skip mine this year since we are moving, but my tanks will be fully cycled by the time my anniversary rolls around again!

Rhodes19

Hi Kayce,

Thanks. If you have a question about fish, go to the fish section, if you have a question about invertebrates, go to the invert form like you did with your starfish, equipment for equipment, corals for coral, etc... If there is no forum that fits, ask your question in the general forum. If you wind up posting in the wrong forum, don't worry about it, moderator can/will move it for you to the correct forum. Questions about moving would probably go under the general forum. And don't worry about making mistakes by saying something that are against the site rules, the folks here and the moderators will correct it and let you know you did something wrong in a very polite and nice manner. Sniping folks here is not allowed or tolerated. :) HTH

Last edited:

mgraf

I have admitted ro myself that I am addictted, I am trying to remain a functional reefaholic. Right now I have a 65 gallon display with a 20 gallon sump that I have had up and running for one year now. I also have a jbj 12 gallon nano sitting in the basement that calls to me to get it up and running. I also have a 200 gallon acrylic tank that is going to be my future display once I get into a house in a year or two. I started in the hobby about 20 yeaes ago with a fish only 55 gallon set up. I went into recovery for a few years(like 20) but, the addiction has returned with a vengence. Cheaper than drugs, safer than motorcycles! I am just going to have to learn how to live with it!!

Rhodes19

I have admitted ro myself that I am addictted, I am trying to remain a functional reefaholic. Right now I have a 65 gallon display with a 20 gallon sump that I have had up and running for one year now. I also have a jbj 12 gallon nano sitting in the basement that calls to me to get it up and running. I also have a 200 gallon acrylic tank that is going to be my future display once I get into a house in a year or two. I started in the hobby about 20 yeaes ago with a fish only 55 gallon set up. I went into recovery for a few years(like 20) but, the addiction has returned with a vengence. Cheaper than drugs, safer than motorcycles! I am just going to have to learn how to live with it!!

Welcome to RS!!

Rhodes19

I am so ashamed. I have some new friends and I forgot to bring them to a meeting.

Superman monti

supermanmonti.jpg

Neon green fungi

neongreenfungi.jpg

Table acro

tableacro.jpg

Radioactive Dragon eye and watermelon zoas

radioacticdragonandwatermelon.jpg

Purple monti digitatas (not happy with the color. Or should I say, lack of color)

purplemontidigitata.jpg

Purple hornet acan

Purplehornetacan.jpg

Pumpkin patch acan

Pumpkinpatchacan.jpg

Merry Christmas acan

MerryChristmasacan.jpg

Awais261

Has been struck by the ban stick
Most of us are hopelessly addicted to this hobby and may need to consider alternative hobbies, activities or lifestyles. If nothing elseyour a reef-a-holic...it never fails. I have been one for two years and four months. I started with a 55g, then a 75g, now a 375g with the 55 and 75 as refugiums!...where does it end? I graduated the twelth step at Overfeeders anonymous and have been cured thank goodness.

Rhodes19

Most of us are hopelessly addicted to this hobby and may need to consider alternative hobbies, activities or lifestyles. If nothing elseyour a reef-a-holic...it never fails. I have been one for two years and four months. I started with a 55g, then a 75g, now a 375g with the 55 and 75 as refugiums!...where does it end? I graduated the twelth step at Overfeeders anonymous and have been cured thank goodness.

Hi Awais,

And :welcomera to RS and Reef-a-holic. :) I don't think it really ever ends. Our tanks have way too much control over us. :D

I don't know if alternative hobbies are the answer. My alternative hobbies have all been expensive. :) Armature radio, lapidary (cutting and polishing gem stones)/jewelery making, bagpipes, wood working, orchids and green houses, karate, having a wife and kids.... I think the only inexpensive hobbies I have is cooking and beer and wine making. Now reefing. I am really surprised my wife hasn't killed me yet. LOL!!!

Rashidsindho

Has been struck by the ban stick
After some discussion in my Zoanthid Tribute thread, it was determined that we need to officially offer a Reef-a-holics Anonymous (RA) resource to the forum members.

Rhodes19

I got 3 new friends yesterday. They are still recovering from the shock of being taken to the meeting but I'll get some better pictures of them later. :)

A Tyree red watermelon chalice, a key lime mango chalice and a zoa.

chaliceorderjoey5.jpg