Help!

deaclauderdale

I am proposing to drill my tank tomorrow to add the beananimal overflow design to my tank, but I have a few of questions:

1) Is it a complicated process to remove my internal overflow box, and if the silicone doesn't run all the way across the tank, am I safe in simply continuing the bead or will I need to remove all silicone?

2) How do I tell if my back pane is tempered (its painted black)?

I've placed my old toshiba laptop on the others panes of glass and I saw no lines on the screen.

3) Can I simply use PVC caps to seal off the hole in the bottom of the tank, or will I need a more permanent method of a piece of glass cut to fit, along with silicone?

I thank you in advance for your help!!!

John L.

Sent from my iPad using appendages!

BLADEYAMAHA

1) You just cut the old silicone with a razor blade and scrape off the rest with a razor with a holder, you can run out the bead forcing some into the old and completing the seal.

2) Drilling even tempered glass is not a big deal to me, you just go extremely slow and flush with water constantly and don't get hot doing it(the glass or bit) be very careful, extremely careful, its doable. I don't know how you tell, except if its kind of on the thin side for a tank your size its prolly tempered though. :)

3) Yes or put in a new bulkhead with new seals to prevent leaks while you are at it and put in screw in plugs, they would be white and available at a hardware store.

Wish you luck!

deaclauderdale

1) You just cut the old silicone with a razor blade and scrape off the rest with a razor with a holder, you can run out the bead forcing some into the old and completing the seal.

2) Drilling even tempered glass is not a big deal to me, you just go extremely slow and flush with water constantly and don't get hot doing it(the glass or bit) be very careful, extremely careful, its doable. I don't know how you tell, except if its kind of on the thin side for a tank your size its prolly tempered though. :)

3) Yes or put in a new bulkhead with new seals to prevent leaks while you are at it and put in screw in plugs, they would be white and available at a hardware store.

Wish you luck!

Thank you!

Sent from my iPad using appendages!

SubRosa

Wish you luck!
You've obviously never tried to drill tempered glass!