Help i need help idk what happened to my anemone. ASAP

freakamyl

That's truly unfortunate that a store, who can easily support this animal, will not. That's tells me a lot about the store.

I kept clown pairs in 20g, sand and live rock with a BTA, but again, minimum is 6 months mature, perfect on point water, and strong lighting.

A good store would have told you for this specific nem.
-Strong Light.....they love metal halides....and usually climb to the top, same in nature.....maybe real good LED....
-Moderate to Indirect high flow....what they are used to living on the reef crest.
-An expert status on water quality, consistent, renewable, RODI, matching NSW.

I would have been comfortable in a tank not less than 30g, but without the above, I don't think that's going to work. Try the store or another If possible.

If you decide to move forward, keep a careful eye on him, when he starts to come apart, discard.
Hopefully a store will take him back.
I have one maroon gold stripe clownfish and 4 striped damselfish and before i have green wrasse but it got so weak after 2 days and he died. now we added new fish in it and it seems so scared it kept on hiding inside our rocks. is it okay to mix them in a 3gallon tank?

can someone also help me identify this kind of fish?

Attachments

• 28512124_1920378898004387_2041320425_n.jpg
    28512124_1920378898004387_2041320425_n.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 25

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
a guess... Cleaner Wrasse...

index.php

Uncle99

At 3G, your tank is 10 times smaller than what I would reccommend as the smallest saltwater for the fish you have. The Maroon Clown can be agressive, the damsels can be aggressive, the tank is just to small really to do anything.

Saltwater fish keeping is demanding of its hobbists and requires expensive equipment and expert water chemistry to be successful.

So, If you were to move forward, you would need at least a 30g tank and light, and go through the great sticky notes on this site for water chemistry.

A good LFS, should have advised you better. Sorry....

Pat24601

One weird thing about saltwater is smaller is actually harder. That’s because it’s much more susceptible to water quality fluctuations and tight quarters for aggressive fish.

Literally the smallest tank I’ve ever run is 13.5 gallons. It went well, but I did that after 3 years of keeping larger tanks.

Obviously, you can try to run any kind of tank you want. It is your tank after all and I won’t judge, but I think the advice you are getting from us is what you are doing is actually harder. So, keep that in kind. :)

freakamyl

At 3G, your tank is 10 times smaller than what I would reccommend as the smallest saltwater for the fish you have. The Maroon Clown can be agressive, the damsels can be aggressive, the tank is just to small really to do anything.

Saltwater fish keeping is demanding of its hobbists and requires expensive equipment and expert water chemistry to be successful.

So, If you were to move forward, you would need at least a 30g tank and light, and go through the great sticky notes on this site for water chemistry.

A good LFS, should have advised you better. Sorry....
It is really hard to keep compare to freshwater fish. will keep everything in mind and hopefully I can convince my husband into upgrading it to a bigger tank. Im so glad that all of you are giving me a good advise. Thank you so much.

freakamyl

One weird thing about saltwater is smaller is actually harder. That’s because it’s much more susceptible to water quality fluctuations and tight quarters for aggressive fish.

Literally the smallest tank I’ve ever run is 13.5 gallons. It went well, but I did that after 3 years of keeping larger tanks.

Obviously, you can try to run any kind of tank you want. It is your tank after all and I won’t judge, but I think the advice you are getting from us is what you are doing is actually harder. So, keep that in kind. :)
Im happy that the LFS atleast didnt allow us to buy 2 clownfish (atleast thats the good thing about them) or else maybe i will end up having an empty tank. :D but Im really thankful for all of your response. you guys really helped me open my mind about taking care of my tank and fish. I noticed that my 4striped damsel is very territorial so im thinking to return the fish and just leave my clownfish in my tank.

Uncle99

Sorry, hope I did not come off rude, not my intentions.
3G at the beginner stage, with agressive fish, OMG!

I am hoping the OP sees what is required to be successful most of the time.

Lesson 1.....LFS....some are good, some NOT.
Lesson 2......Ask all the questions you want on this site before you buy anything....the people on this site will save you a fortune in money and stress....and the benefit, is you get a real great tank!

But You have got to listen......(that was my mistake for years)

Pat24601

Lesson 2......Ask all the questions you want on this site before you buy anything....the people on this site will save you a fortune in money and stress....and the benefit, is you get a real great tank!

Your advice was great @Uncle99 . As it always is. It didn’t come off rude at all.

freakamyl

I seriously dont find it rude.. in fact you all of you are really helpful. i learned a lot. also lesson learned that i should not buy something without even researching about it. the problem is that i rushed things and now i got stressed about it. but really you guys are helpful :)

Uncle99

We appreciate your response.

I was helped by many members of this site. I am now 16 months in the rebuild which is finished now. I followed much of what they taught me and am very pleased with the result.

While it's difficult to wait to have that piece "piece of the ocean", going slow is what it takes to be successful.

However, once mastered, you will have a living bio-sphere, which is absolutely stunning, and very few people have.

Research is essential, selecting the type of tank your going to keep and what "fits" and "does that make sense" and "do they go together" when making your selection for tank size. Small tanks limit the inhabitants that you may wish to have. In small tanks the environment changes quicker because of the less water volume, so stability, which is key, must be watched closely, bigger tanks change less, and increase the availability of inhabitants.

Feel free to reach out again to the members.