Has anyone ever tried using an Endoscope?

Snid

I was wondering if anyone has tried using an Endoscope in their aquarium for picture taking? I just stumbled across one on the internet that was very affordable that plugs into a computer via a USB port that was waterproof. Not sure how good its quality is, and thought I'd probe (get it?) for some input from here before looking into it much further.

Iamonlyme

That sounds cool plus you can get defined photos from endos tagging along hope to see pics :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StirCrayzy

I say, go for it, and keep us posted !
What exactly is a reasonable cost for used endoscope.

I bet that would be great for checking drain pipes for snails too.

Snid

It was one like that Mike, but for less. I didn't save the link though, so I'll have to hunt it down. I just may go for it after my next payday. Bit tight at the moment due to car problems.

reefer gladness

640x480 resolution is going to give you a grainy image but might be useful depending on what it's used for.

I thought it might be cool for an underwater USB webcam but the product descriptions I've found indicate these cameras are water resistant not waterproof. Not sure how long it would survive in a corrosive saltwater environment.

Creekview

Get yourself a GoPro 3. Waterproof to 60m, 1080p video, built in wi-fi. You can control with a smartphone or tablet. Most of the USB cameras are crappy, low res.