Gsp

judojay

I moved my gsp about 6 days ago and it hasn't Come out since.... any ideas as to why ?

Essex reef keeper

Bearjohnson

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
It's probably just adjusting. GSP is pretty hardy so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
My GSP comes out & stays out when the lights come on & the MP10s start revving up in the mornings.
If it doesn't want to come out...maybe it doesn't like the light & water flow where you moved it to.
I agree that they are SUPER HARDY corals. I recommend you keep it secluded to the sand bed unless you want it to take over every LR that it comes in contact with.
Please update....is it doing better now? A picture would be nice ;)

judojay

My GSP comes out & stays out when the lights come on & the MP10s start revving up in the mornings.
If it doesn't want to come out...maybe it doesn't like the light & water flow where you moved it to.
I agree that they are SUPER HARDY corals. I recommend you keep it secluded to the sand bed unless you want it to take over every LR that it comes in contact with.
Please update....is it doing better now? A picture would be nice ;)

It's coming out again but not to its full potential... but only when it feels like it. Will post pics 2moro as off to bed now

Essex reef keeper

reefer gladness

What are you water parameters? Any time asking a question about why xxx coral isn't looking good should be accompanied with your current test results.

FWIW I've found GSP to be one of the early indicators in the tank of a problem with low alk. Problems with alk you should be testing mag and correcting mag before increasing alk.