Great Barrier Reef corals and fish

Raf

Hi Guys and Gals :)

Anyone been to the Great Barrier Reef of Australia OR have books on it that detail some of the fish species and coral species that inhabit it?

In terms of fish, I am looking for the more common ones found in stores, so like which chromis, damsels, anthias, angel species...etc....

As for corals, I am mostly interested in the LPS and softies not so much the SPS/stony corals that are so abundant there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

lcstorc

Pacific East has an Australian Corals section. Not sure what is in there but it is a place to look.

Jerome

Been trying to set up a tank with a replication of a natural section of Indo-Pacidfic reef it's amazing how little information is out there about specific sp. and their natural habitat on a reef for both fish and corals. I found a book called Marine Aquarium Companion of Southeast Asia been a lot of help but have seen anything specific to Australia.

BEELZEBOB

memento.jpg

CMG

Arent the black and white clown fish from Australia? I don't know about which specific area though. Ill have to call up my aussie friend and tell her to strap on some scuba gear and send us some pics! haha.

Try this:

Lonely Planet Diving & Snorkeling Great Barrier Reef (Lonely Planet Diving and Snorkeling Guides) (Paperback)
by Len Zell (Author)

In the description on amazon it says common creatures and hazardous ones so maybe there is a picture list of them in there?