Got My Tank! Need a little help.

Kolby

Hello Everyone, I got my tank from my uncle today! The tank is in a bit of a mess. He didnt drain any water and had it plugged up in the car with a electrical outlet. The Clownfish have not been distrubed and have been swimming since we got here. Now i have a few questions. When kind of rock is in here, how do i clean all the algae and salt creep off, and what do i need to do to make sure the algae doesnt really come back.
Heres Pics. Also i got the light to work :D

20140407_174357.jpg

20140407_174404.jpg

20140407_174412.jpg

20140407_174424.jpg

20140407_174500.jpg

Heres all the pics.

Bearjohnson

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
You should start testing your water parameters to see where your tank is at.

I suspect that water changes will be your best friend for a while.

A simple wet cloth will clean up the salt creep. If you run into real tough creep, put some vinegar on the cloth and wipe away.

Kolby

You should start testing your water parameters to see where your tank is at.

I suspect that water changes will be your best friend for a while.

A simple wet cloth will clean up the salt creep. If you run into real tough creep, put some vinegar on the cloth and wipe away.
will test, and clean the salt creep up, and start filling a bucket with ro water

Kolby

will test, and clean the salt creep up, and start filling a bucket with ro water

Salinity : 36
Gravity: 1.026
Ammonia:.25
PH : 8.2

the test kit says amonia is NH3 and NH+4 which im hoping is Nitrate and Nitrite? Any ways, is there anything i need to work on / change?

Newjack

NH3 and NH4 is ammonia and NO2 is nitrite and NO3 is nitrate. Ammonia is worst to have so if its not 0 you need to do frequent WCs to dial it down.

ammonia is worst, Nitrite is not as bad but pretty bad and nitrate is not so bad in small numbers. Heavy nitrates is bad.

Kolby

NH3 and NH4 is ammonia and NO2 is nitrite and NO3 is nitrate. Ammonia is worst to have so if its not 0 you need to do frequent WCs to dial it down.

ammonia is worst, Nitrite is not as bad but pretty bad and nitrate is not so bad in small numbers. Heavy nitrates is bad.
ok, thank you for correcting me.

Newjack

oh trust me I didn't memorize it I usually get NH4 and NO3 confused, I just looked at the bottle for the drops.