Got My Goodies!!! Thanks, Joe and Everyone!

reefshadow

Hi, All-

Got my package yesterday from inreef!

Everything came packaged very nicely and I am having no probs!

The Milwaukee meter I set up immediately, and it's very nice. Easy to calibrate. Now I can breath a sigh of relief!

The coralvue bulbs I have not switched out yet, because Ineed to go buy some window screening. But I did test both of them and they fired right up. The colour is fantastic! I ran one of them side by side with the ushio, and I couldn't believe the difference in colour. Those Ushios are VERY yellow compared, even w/ 2 super actinic vho's. In fact, I may go with one less actinic vho (switch it out for another 10 k).

Soooo, a big thanks to Joe @ inreef.com for sponsoring the contest and the site.

A big thanks to the mods and administrators for making this a great site.

AND, a big thanks to the members for making this the best site to visit every day!

Hugs! -Becca :)

Witfull

congrats Becca...glad you stuff you wanted/needed. just remember to take a few pics when get the bulbs in....even do the side by side pic!

reefshadow

OK, I figured someone would ask for a comparison. This was taken w/o flash, white balance set to auto. It is pretty accurate to what the visual is. The pic was taken w/o the vho's, so it's mh only.

I really like the colour, it is a bit on the blue side, BUT the bulb will probably burn in a little whiter, AND I am definately used to seeing a yellower reef!

Last edited:

reefshadow

Here's kind of a gratuitous shot- this pic was also taken w/o the vho's. I'm definately happy with the way everything flouresces really nicely under the 12 k's. If I tried a shot like this w/ the ushios only, it would look like ka.

Gina

RS STAFF
Glad everything arrived in good shape! Your tank looks great! How about some macro shots!?

reefshadow

thanks, all!

The crazy thing Craig, is that these are ushio 10 k's! I guess they are just getting aged. They're about 14 months or so. The intensity is still there, but a BIG colour shift! I really hadn't noticed how yellow these were getting until I compared. They really aren't all that bad w/ the actinic vho's, but w/o, jeeze!

Thanks again! -Becca :)