Good Evening Everyone

ReefnMadness23

Good Evening Everyone,

I would just like to take the time to introduce myself as I am new to Reef Sanctuary. My name is Ben and I am 23 years old and have only been involved in the hobby for not even two years yet. I am sad to say that not even two years in I realize this is not just a hobby but a passion and you have to strive to do well it just does not happen by luck. I know I am in deep but it has taken me on some wild adventures such as traveling hours to visit a store to buy corals or selling corals to shops to even meeting people off of other forums to buy corals out of their personal collections.
I currently still have the original BioCube 29 gallon that I purchased two years ago and it is doing great. Needless to say that there has been one tank crash very early on and lots of learning to keep it from happening again. I have retro-fitted Current LED strips into the hood and have added a Current ORBIT light as well to get some more color into the tank. I currently have two Clownfish which one is regular and one is a Snowflake( nothing to fancy) The rest of the tank is dedicated to corals, (SPS, LPS, ZOA's and some other goodies). This I found is my passion and while the fish are nice and complement everything well I love the crazy look of corals and finding the most exotic to have. I will keep it brief and end it here but please if you want to know more PM me or comment here and I will respond as quick as possible
Thanks everyone in advance and I cant wait to learn with a great group of reefers that I have heard so much about

puffermike

Welcome to the forums! It's always nice to find others as passionate as yourself isn't it? It sounds like you have a nice mixed reef. We here at RS love pics! So get those up ASAP and start yourself a chronicle. If you have any questions just ask. I'm wondering when you'll be doing your upgrade... cause I know it's coming. Especially if you're a collector.

:bluenod::bluenod:

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Start a tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along, we love pics :dance:

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Welcome to RS! Start a tank thread so we can follow your journey!! :swmfish:

ReefnMadness23

Thanks for the welcomes guys. I do have a couple questions such as how do I post pictures and where can I start my tank thread because I have a bunch of pictures ready to go. Also puffermike you are absolutely correct on doing an upgrade. I am just about at my limits for room and it's troubling because I'm no where near getting all the corals I want. I have purchased a used 135 gallon long tank complete with sump, stand, filtration, and all the lights to go along with it. I just have to pick it up and there's the issue of live rock and such being so expensive to get it going. My family is also contemplating a move so I'm trying to hold off on setting it up as well so I won't have to move a lot.
Have a great day everyone and thanks for the response in advance

Epster

Welcome along Ben. The guys here are very helpful and friendly. If you have questions just ask and you will get lots of helpful and useful advice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk