Going price for a pro custom sump ?

cracker

1st Folks, my apologies for not dropping by more often.
So I want a custom size , pro built sump with 3 maybe 4 walls . The dimensions are,
45 by 16 by 16 with proper bracing of course .
You think between 900 & 1000 bucks is about right?
This doesn't include shipping as I can pick it up myself.
The acrylic sump I built (1st big build) as finallly sprung it's last leak !
Thanks, Brian

DaveK

While a custom sump can get you exactly what you want, what prevents you from using an off the shelf sump? It would be a lot less expensive, and you would likely be able to find something that will work for you.

If I were going to get a custom sump, I'd tend to go with Lifereef, but you can expect a waiting time of 3 or 4 months.

cracker

Thank You gentle men for he quick reply. I need as much length as possible to fit the equipment &
still have a meaningful sized refugium. Thanks again !

saintsreturn

If you can find a sump that kind of fits the bill, check out my 110 build. I will be taking better pictures in a more organized manner this weekend, but i completely modified mine. Fit the color scheme i wanted and bolted on the "missing" features i "had to have." total cost was about $80 since i had the sump already.

cracker

Holy Smokers Dave ! That is great . I need to make some careful measurements tomorrow. only thing is if my big octo skimmer will fit .
That is a major savings. I'm sure to find out more.

saintsreturn

And those are sexy sumps! It gives you a lot of options in the future if you want to run Triton or standard.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

cracker

Man Oh man it's soo close ! I mean barely enough room. like less than a 1/4 inch close . Fit fine but the simmer pump intake is 1/4 inch from the side. This will restrict flow into the skimmer. I can turn the pumo vertical and thats ok but will require some innovative shelves for said skimmer to sit level .the chord to the pump throws it off ! LOL
would You attempt to cut one of these walls & replace with another?

If so all troubles gone & over 300$ in my pocket.

saintsreturn

I would find a way to make the $300 stay saved and not mess with the stability of the tank. The cord is a non issue, you can easily buy or make a cord to fit the bill. If its 1/4" off, trim a little on both sides so it fits but doesnt vibrate against it either. Or step down to the one size smaller and have extra room for things like an ATO.

cracker

Hello Saint, That's what I'll have to do is file the lip on the base . the adjust knobis too big I'll have to cut out the outside of that .Another layer of eggcrae to take care of the pump & chord. I haven't ordered yet will flip a coin tomorrow. I'm sure to let you know. Also I'll have o get the cap off the drain section the installed drain lines won't work with my synergy over flow. Lot's of little thing but 300 or so in my pocket !
Thanks again to Dave for turning me onto this Triton sump.

cracker

well I received the Triton sump. it.s very well built & looks cool ! never had equipment that looks pretty LOL. Anyway the skimmer droped right in with a little room to spare. Thanks again to Dave. I would have never found this sump if not for Him.

DaveK

Glad I could help.

At one time I did a lot of custom DIY projects. It's true that you can often make something very good at a low price. Now that I'm older, and a bit more lazy, I tend to buy things already put together, and then all I need to do is connect them up and plug in any electrical stuff.