Glueing/epoxy frag

Scouter Steve

How long can I keep an SPS (Acro) out of the water to hold epoxy in place? Also am I better off rubbing some krazy glue over spot I wish to epoxy to? The fra/mini colony has encrusted on a small piece of rubble.

Cassette87

I'm not sure about SPS, so i'm sure someone else will chime in, but when i glue frags, i use superglue gel, get a dab ready on the rock and pull the frag out really quick plop it on the glue and right back in the water. the glue will still cure underwater, and will set the way you positioned it unless you disturb it too early. hope this helps! I've done this with zoas, mushrooms, and pallys with no problems.

Scouter Steve

I have tried unsuccesfully to krazy glue this rubble that is why I want to try the epoxy out of the water. I globbed a bunch of glue on and plunged it to spot but never seemed to hold, just jelled its way around the rubble never adhering to the rock.

Cassette87

ah :( well Sorry i couldn't be of more help,but anyway i would not want to keep a frag out for more than a few minutes, but that's just me :)

framerguy

If you put the gel on both the rock and frag, put them together and dip them in the water they will set nearly instantly. You can keep them out of the water for 10 minutes or so. There was a demonstration at the LFS a while back and they had them out on the table for at least that long.