galaxea coral

Couch

OK.. I bought a Galaxea about a month ago from the LFS. It does not have the standard green tips, they are white. Has anyone seen a white tipped Galaxea?

Couch

I will post pigs later in the day. Lights out right now.. Is there a way I can get it back to its green color?

Couch

I will post pics later in the day. Lights out right now.. Is there a way I can get it back to its green color?

biju708

Not sure if it's of any help to you, when I had low light using t5's my Galaxea turned brownish in colour and was starting to bleach out, as soon as I switched to MH with 14,000K the green colour quickly came back.

biju708

what light do you have ? can you move it closer to the surface of the water.

also water flow is very important for it.

Couch

40 gallon long tank, 2x65 watt 10,000K 2x65 watt actinics. Right now it is about 1/3 of the distance from the bottm.

biju708

If it's possible to place it in a higher position closer to the lights I would do that.

Also I would change the light spectrum to 14,000K it brings out the colour in the corals better than the 10,000K

biju708

It's just me experience couch, with 10,000 the corals were turning brownish for me. Once I changed to 14,000 I noticed a lot of difference with their coloroation. Maybe the others can chime in and give you their point of view

framerguy

In the meantime, till you get new light, move it to the top. Save up and go MH, you wont be sorry. It also gives you that awesome glittery effect you cant get with flourescent.