FTS Chronicle Thread

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
So as my tank has just turned one, I thought it might be a good idea to have a thread dedicated to the changing of tanks and how they mature over the years. I would love it if everyone was to join in, even if your tank is only a few months old!!
I would love to run the thread like this, everyone puts up a couple (or more) shots of their tanks being a first full tank shot with rock (sand optional) and then a current tank shot and if you want to a couple in between if you have them and feel like it :)

P.S you're only allowed to post if FTS's are included!! ;) Dates and or final/current tank ages would be awesome too :)

I'll get the ball rolling:
The tank just filled with fresh LR:

Sand and rock and post cycle:

Lights were finally added:

And today, crappy photo and reflections but it's today's :) (my clam is closed because someone wanted to be feed and they use her to get my attention!!):

Last edited:

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
I'll play :dance: 5 years of growth... pics ruffly a year apart...

IMG_1358zz.jpg

IMG_1491eank.jpg

IMG_1716zz.jpg

IMG_1763zzzz012012.jpg

E530739A-C687-47D7-97E5-6A6B51858BCB-1159-0000001E05348DE0.jpg

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Wow Glenn, that thing is out of control!! So very cool.

Oxylebius

It looks like you tried to do have a mixed tank early on and then ended up in a dominate softie tank. I bet you have lots of movement in your tank!

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
true Oxy - not great success with sps corals - but my chalices, acans, duncans, brains, torch, ric garden, zoas & candy canes thriving - LPS (Large Polyp Stony) and Softies are my favorites - great colors & I like wavie/flowie corals :dance: so I have dedicated the tank to lps & soft corals and my lovely fish who really like them too

Lets see some more FTS (Full Tank Shot) Progression pics

NickF

Ok, so my c130 is only 6 months old (still a baby)

15 Feb:

29 Mar:

25 Apr:

Earlier today:

I managed to get all my fish in the last pic (just) but it's hard to get them all to keep still & smile for the camera :)

My hammer has got some way to got to catch upto Glenn & Saltfan, damn you tiny hammer !

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Awesome work everyone!! I'm loving these progression shots! :D Greg and Di, I'm expecting your tanks to come next!! LOL
Nick, you've come an awesomely long way in 6 months! And Saltfan your tank is looking grouse after a year :)

Keep the shots rolling people!! It doesn't matter how old or young your tank is, weeks to decades, we want to see those progression shots!!

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Awesome @DianaKay :D looking fantastic!
I might as well give an update to mine too :)
Here's the very beginning just under two years ago now:

First corals and fish:

Clam and some more friends:

After getting back from holidays a year ago after a major clean:

Last FTS before the shut down and restart:

The new start:

With sand and some corals two months ago:

Pretty much what we look like today :) A few weeks old though still: