Free Torch in local area

KimPossible

Is anyone in the local Phoenix Metro area interested in a healthy branch or two of Torch Coral?

:snshne:

KimPossible

I'm going to be riding to the Bay area the first part of May... but I don't think a styrofoam cooler bungeed to the back of a bike would be an adequate temp maintenance method.:biker

Stacef

I might be in Phoenix next week for work... do not know yet, but would love to get with you if I end up going.

KimPossible

Stace, I posted in your thread What are some Non Photosynthetic Corals
Torch Corals need moderate lighting and moderate flow, moderate lighting placed high in the tank. moderate flow without being in the direct line of a powerhead. I've had the colony these heads come from since 05. Look on your PC's and find out what brand and what bulbs your running. If you have 4 x 65 watt 10K's your fine, I think the 4 come on the 48 " and larger fixtures. 2 come on the shorter ones. PC's have bulbs that range from 18, 32, 40 & 65 watts.
Find out what you have so that you can get busy on the stocking :) Tank size plays a roll on adequate lighting also.
Take some time and figure it out. You'll be happy in the long run.... and don't forget to document it. With everything involved in reefing, it's easy to forget and or mix it all up.

Whiskey

Just some guy, you know?
Are you into SPS? Would you like to do some trading? PM me your phone number and I'll give you a ring :)

Whiskey

Stacef

Thanks dear!
Also--I will NOT be in Phoenix next week, clients are coming here instead.

THanks for all of the wonderful advice, I will have to look into my lighting, I would love to start geting some more color into my tnak. Thanks again!

Stace, I posted in your thread What are some Non Photosynthetic Corals
Torch Corals need moderate lighting and moderate flow, moderate lighting placed high in the tank. moderate flow without being in the direct line of a powerhead. I've had the colony these heads come from since 05. Look on your PC's and find out what brand and what bulbs your running. If you have 4 x 65 watt 10K's your fine, I think the 4 come on the 48 " and larger fixtures. 2 come on the shorter ones. PC's have bulbs that range from 18, 32, 40 & 65 watts.
Find out what you have so that you can get busy on the stocking :) Tank size plays a roll on adequate lighting also.
Take some time and figure it out. You'll be happy in the long run.... and don't forget to document it. With everything involved in reefing, it's easy to forget and or mix it all up.