Frankie's 120gal. glass experiment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frankie

RS STAFF
Chillers fixed.
Today i decided i am going to make some room for the fish. I will be removing half of the LR in the display and putting it in the refugium. I want to create a more open look. I will take some pictures after it is done. This will also enable me to remove the fire fish.
I've got itchy fingers to work on it and want to build the surge tank i originally planed on. My current rock scape will not permit this and thats another reason why i will be removing the rock.

Frankie

RS STAFF
Thanks for the support Jack :) It still needs to settle but here is a sneak peek of the fts. I removed over 100lbs!

Attachments

• 000_2403_edited (Custom).jpg
    000_2403_edited (Custom).jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 49

tbittner

Looks great, Frankie! How did you get the corals off of the rocks though? Or did you take out the rocks on the bottom?

Frankie

RS STAFF
Thanks Craig! :)
I just got in and turned on the light to see how it cleared up. It looks great!
I had about 240lbs in the display Victor. I might cut back even more. I am really digging the open space now. Look at how much rock is in the sump now :hammerhea
Most of the corals are still on there plugs Terry. Very easy to remove. The biggest problem was the large monti. I busted it up some but not to bad. Not enough for anyone but me to notice anyhow. I need to find a few local reefers and give some of it away. Its to damn big and takes a lot of space. Here are a few more pictures. I will get some good ones once it all settles down.

Attachments

• 000_2389_edited (Custom).jpg
    000_2389_edited (Custom).jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 68
  • 000_2390_edited (Custom).jpg
    000_2390_edited (Custom).jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 68
  • 000_2395_edited (Custom).jpg
    000_2395_edited (Custom).jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 68
  • 000_2391_edited (Custom).jpg
    000_2391_edited (Custom).jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 68

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Wow! I'm digging the new "opennes" bro! I like it!

I can see why you did it too... that surge box would be pointless how you had the rock! Make GREAT sense!!

Wow! *drooling* that Monti is SWEET!!

Thanks for the update buddy! Take care :)

nikkipigtails

Wow! That's a lot of rock and a ginormous monti! I could use that guy as a step ladder! I really like the way your tank turned out with the new rockscape. There's a lot more room in there...I think it makes your tank look a little bigger.

KimPossible

I love your new scape Frankie, it has really opened up your tank. Wow ! the monti that you pulled out is absolutely beautiful. Your hole tank is SPS, isn't it?

Ratpack

Congrats on the new look. Very similar to the rock work I have for my tank, IF it ever gets water in it.

And hey, I am only 1.5 hours away when you want to get rid of frags!:eek:verhere: Always nice to get to Charleston area and I still have a little room in my smaller tank.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I REALLY like the new look bro! I know I said so last night but I like it even MORE This morning! Imagine what I'll be saying tonight! :lol:

Frankie

RS STAFF
Wait until i post the new pictures! I took out a bit more rock and added a bit more. I created an lps corner and completly opened up the front for the clams. Busy morning!
Ratpack, your welcome to come and get some monti cap from me any time. Send me a pm when you would like to make the trip. The door is always open. :)

Frankie

RS STAFF
I typed it in my thread so i had no choice. :) Once i got going though it was all good. The sand still needs to settle down but here are a few pictures from a moment ago.
000_2404_editedSmall.jpg

000_2405_editedSmall.jpg

000_2406_editedSmall.jpg

000_2408_editedSmall.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.