fish ID please,, and advice, good or bad qualities

kyle4201

ummm,, no tail?!?!?! Im assuming its some kind of angel and it will get 2 foot across and I cant have it, lollol.
20140204_170802_zpsb8007537.jpg
20140204_170858_zps2ab510c2.jpg

And what is this cool fish? It had no label on the tank,, it was about 2 inches long,, I would LOVE a couple of these. yes or no?
20140204_171029_zpsb6caf6dd.jpg

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
If you're at the LFS Kyle :nono: I hope you're broke & your credit cards are all somewhere else. :hammerhea

Care Level: DIFFICULT
MIN. Tank Size: 200 gallon
Why do you tend to pick out this kind of fish :banghead:
I am glad you are researching before you buy...that is what you're doing, right? :fishy:

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Photo #1 looks like one of those rare "Deformities" that are so popular in Asian markets (Hong Kong LOVES them). I don't care for them personally but that's just my own personal opinion. I've seen this done intentionally in the FW market to drive the price up of "Rare" fancy fish.

kyle4201

If you're at the LFS Kyle :nono: I hope you're broke & your credit cards are all somewhere else. :hammerhea

Care Level: DIFFICULT
MIN. Tank Size: 200 gallon
Why do you tend to pick out this kind of fish :banghead:
I am glad you are researching before you buy...that is what you're doing, right? :fishy:

Mamma D,, you have raised me in the tank life well,, . I had plenty of money on me, just looking at fish while I was buying socks. :) I am buying 2 fish sat and just researching first instead of just going in and saying ,, "O, THATS COOL, ILL TAKE 3 OF EACH". LOL

Steve L

Save your money on the Sweet Lips. When I first got into the hobby I bought one on an impulse after my LFS told me they get to about 6 inches in length. WRONG! They get over 2 feet long and grow-up into a big ugly fish that look nothing like the cute little spotted critters you see in the store, and more like something you'd catch out of a river on a rod & reel and throw back.

Tail-less angels are kind of an oddity. Some LFS's try to charge nose-bleed prices when they get their hands on one, but I don't consider buying a fish with a genetic birth defect an attractive attribute.

kyle4201

I tried a sweetlips,, wouldn't eat. and the angel was like $175 or something. not bad but wayyy out of my price range and Id only have to sell it when it got bigger.