First BTA

Bought my first BTA last night and it had a clown that was hosting it. My question is the clown doesn't seem to know where her nem went. Is there anything I should try to help her or just give her some time to see if she finds him? The nem is on the move but I suspect that it has found a place to stay this morning as it seems to have its foot on the bottom of a rock and the body is going up through a hole in the rock. I guess I'll see when I get home from work. On a different note has anyone had a maxi mini split? I have one that appears to have a second mouth forming and the outer tentacles are wrapping around to almost touching. Maybe what im seeing is normal but the other 2 dont look anything like that. I will try to get a picture of it tonight but this one has tucked into a hole on a rock and has no desire to move.

Darkwrym

Give the BTA and the clown a little bit of time to adjust to the new tank. If the BTA was hosting the clown before it should do it again, but it may take a little bit of time.

Not sure about the Maxi-mini though as I don't have any experience with them.

pgrtgunner

I have 2 tank raised clowns. I put them in my tank 4 months ago and they haven't even touched my BTA.
They just look at it. Once they did hover over my big chalice coral, but normally they are over my power head. :(

sirrealism

Something pgrtgunner you can do is catch the clowns in a net and rub them on the nem. Once they feel the nem they will go into it. Tank raised clowns dont know what a nem is so they need to be introduced.
The Mini max carpets will split on there own but not very often. This sounds mean and nasty but you can take a mini maxi thats pretty good size and cut them in half threw the mouth and they will heal into 2. I have been told about this several times from people that sell them. I have not done it but like I said I have not heard this just once but several times

puffermike

I've had a few types of clowns over the years, some brave, some smart and some just dumb. With the brave clowns I can easily get them to host by capturing them in my palm, underwater of course and then making a small opening with my hand that leads directly into the anemone. I've got several clowns to host nems like this. Just be careful not to get stung!

Another method is the light trick. I've only got one to fall for this one though. Use the light on your smartphone or flash light and shine it on the anemone as soon as the lights go out. You can also use a laser pointer. Some of the clowns turn into curious cats, others not so much.

bullet

one of our clowns didn't even go near the BTA for the first 7 months then one day it was running through it like they had been best buds for yrs like everything else in this hobby patience is virtue